Chapter 2: Surprised!

January 18th , 2021 

The day that got me out of the bed so early. I remembered wearing my white shirt with a jumper and favorite panda cup. I know It seems too obvious that I am a panda guy. My mom prepared a mushed potato and bacon sandwich for breakfast. Poppu told me to slow down for I was in a hurry eating all of this delicious meals. 

My father grab his black leather jacket and brown tint glasses. Kissing mom in the forehead before he head into the van. Well, it’s a good thing I finished eating already. 

Mom carried me with a kiss on a cheek before heading outside. I was about to enter the van when I realized that I forgot something. 

“Juju!” I ran back inside and grab him as he was sitting in our sofa , then waved to our lovely heart of the house after. 

“We will be back by sunset!” Poppu shouted out loud as he takes a step for the van to move forward. 

We just hit the road without me having zero idea about the location but only the things dad said last night. Before we head to the long way we pull over to buy some snacks at Mrs. Baker’s convenience store. Dad bought his liquor while I got the drink just right for my tummy. A milkshake. We headed to the counter where we saw Mrs. Baker rubbing her cash register with a clean cloth. 

“Why hello there little prince” Mrs. Baker greeted Jordan while scanning the products poppu just bought. 

I was too shy that time so I hide at poppu’s back again while he do the explaining. She laughed and told dad she understand because children seems to be too timid when they are in a young age. 

Outside the store, poppu was going to click his carkeys when a voice of a man called him. 

It was uncle Vince who was about to head to Mrs. Baker’s convenience store as well. I heard that he is going to buy some groceries and his son’s favorite milkshake, well looks like I’m not the only one. Ahruk, uncle Vince’s son and my greatest competition in early school. me and Ahruk always battled our way to the top. The smartest kids on the block well that’s what our classmates called us. But I wouldn’t be much surprise because it’s in our blood. Yup, we are cousins just like our fathers but sometimes Ahruk really get into my nerves.  

“Poppu  I’m going to pee pee , can you hold Juju for me for a minute” Jordan asked and ran back to the store for he couldn’t hold much longer.        

I might be a kid but I’m pretty sure I can find the comfort room by myself so I asked poppu that I can take care of myself and just continue talking to uncle Vince till I get back. But Ahruk presented himself to look after me and guess what I still got companied by someone. Just great. 

“they grow up so fast”  Uncle Vince whispered as soon as we took off. 

Ahruk just reminds me why sometimes okay maybe always get into my nerves it’s because of his never ending stories that nobody seems to care. He was talking and talking till we get back on our dad’s. they ended up their conversation and finally I’m at peace. I’d rather talk to juju with silence than to talk all day with a machine mouth like Ahruk. It’s really annoying.      

The sun is more than alive and this roadtrip is taking forever. Because of boredness I opened my backpack and grabbed something I didn’t expect. It is a black case with a purple ribbon with a letter at the top of it. I opened the letter who turns out to be mom’s. 

Dear Jordan, 

                     Inside you will find a treasure of our love. I’m sorry if it took awhile to buy you a present for your academic achievement last year for being the top of your class! I made it specially for you so you can wear it and knew that we will always be by your side.You are mommy and poppu’s greatest gift my love. We love you so much!