epilogue: feast

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's the least I can do." Namjoon mumbled humbly.

The younger was in the news for volunteering as a brain study's main candidate in attempts to find a way to restore the memories of others who suffered at the government's hands; he was in labs twice a week, his neurological systems being examined and it was a form of his coping, too.

"Can the chef take a break?" Namjoon asked with smile. Jin quickly nodded and turned the gas off for the finished meal. He plated the food before throwing the dishes into the sink to cleanup later. "C'mere." Namjoon swiveled in his seat to hug him and Jin pulled the apron off before accepting the embrace.

"You want me to go with you to you family?" Jin asked gently, playing with the ends of his dusty brown hair that tickled his neck.

"Of course," Namjoon murmured against his shoulder. "You're going everywhere with me. That jail time was torture in itself."

"The most undeserving people get the worst, Joonie," Jin frowned. "I'm sorry about that, too."

"It's okay, not your fault. Besides, I get to do good with it now." Namjoon sighed. "Without me, they would have no lead on how to help all those people."

"A genius." Jin laughed and kissed his cheek. "Medical, life-saving genius."

"Smarty, get your ass over here and help!" Jimin frantically switched between the two ties held up to his neck, unsure of which suited the rest of his formal outfit better.

You came shuffling into the bedroom door, yawning while rubbing your tired eyes. "Hmm? You called?"

"Which tie?" He asked again, looking at you with desperation in the mirror's reflection. "Maroon or navy?"

"Why does it matter?" You scoffed, walking towards Jimin and taking them from his hands to see yourself. "My brother is probably taking it off anyways."

Jimin blushed profusely and snatched a random tie from your hand. "Shut up." He huffed. "None of your business."

You chuckled and watched him out on the tie, the elder checking over his appearance in the mirror again. "Would you stop that? Seriously, that man doesn't care what you look like." You rolled your eyes. "Especially once he messes up your whole appearance..."

"Y/N!"

"Sorry!" You squealed as Jimin went chasing after you, trying to grasp you with his baby hands. "Jungkook! Help!"

The said male appeared in seconds, eyes widening at the sight of his girlfriend and best friend running around the kitchen of the lavish apartment.

Then, the doorbell rang and the younger boy went to the door, unlocking it for the expected visitor.

"What the hell—"

"Taetae!" You screamed and raced towards him, ducking behind your elder brother's body and saving yourself from Jimin's wrath.

"Hey, Handsome." Taehyung grinned at the huffing eldest standing in front of him. Jimin went red at the greeting, immediately realizing who he stood in front of and and fixing his appearance for the nth time. "Minie, stop that, you look perfect."

His rosy cheeks deepened in color and Taehyung revealed the flowers behind his back. "Oh my— Tae, why? You didn't— god, I seriously love you!" The elder took them and jumped into Taehyung's arms for a hug.

"Ew, gross," you gagged, "I'm out of here."

Jungkook laughed and pulled you aside, both of you moving to settle on the couch again like you had all afternoon.