30. coffee

I suck at updating this story IM SORRY

"Jimin!"

The boy heaved for air as he clambered into the musty hall. Jin was pressed against the metal bars detaining him, staring at the younger with wide, concerned eyes.

"H-Hyung!" Jimin rushed forward and relaxed as Jin pushed a hand between the metal gate and rested it on his shoulder.

"What's going on? I can hear the shouts from here." Jin asked hurriedly. "Is Namjoon okay?"

"Shit, I came to you first, I don't know." Jimin fumbled out, grasping the crooked fingers on his shoulder. "Let me go check."

"Wait, tell me what's happening first." Jin interrupted.

Jimin sighed and slumped in exhaustion. He'd heard enough of the rumors trickling through the chaotic halls, as he was making his way to the detaining branch of the building, to put the pieces together of what had happened. "Some explosion happened in the tunnels and it caused a surfaced neighborhood to collapse in on itself."

Jin's expression fell. "What? Are people okay?"

The younger grimaced, "I heard a that a couple have died already. People are all over the scene."

"How come we didn't feel the explosion?" The continuous questions helped to clear Jimin's own muddled confusion.

"Seems as though the URC is too far. It must've been on the other side of town closer to other residential areas." The boy explained and Jim nodded. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Minie," Jin scoffed, smiling at the worry. The smile turned sad. "Please check on Joonie for me."

Jimin squeezed his hand, face turning to the ground in guilt. "I-I'm sorry, Jin. You both shouldn't be here. This is my father's doing, but—"

"This is your father's doing and no one else's." Jin frowned. "Don't you dare blame yourself. That's letting him get to your head. The both of us are going to be okay. Worry about the others right now because they could get involved, too." The elder hissed put a sound of frustration. "Has that excuse of a human planned anything for Namjoon?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Jimin replied miserably. "He's shut me out, for valid reasons, but it's definitely on his mind."

"There's only one thing I can ask of you, Jimin." The said boy's gaze shot up in hope of being able to help the person his father hurt. "Don't let your father touch him. I wouldn't ever forgive myself if he did. I promised myself and Namjoon that no one would lay a finger on him."

Tears pricked Jimin's eyes as he stepped away from the metal cage entrapping the elder, his mouth running dry with the inability to speak the truth.

How was he supposed to assure Jin of something the elder shouldn't have ever promised himself?

"I... I should go check on him." He whispered, turning and heading back down the hall with his head hung low. Jin didn't call after him and Jimin knew the elder understood without words.

He distracted himself by formulating mental notes, gazing at the locations of the security cameras, the number of them, and noticing their flashing green light of active recording. The narrow hall provides access to ten different cells equipped with a bed, bathroom amenities and a window of sunlight.