03. dinosaur chicken nuggets

You paced anxiously along the concrete floor next to the hole. Taehyung was slowly climbing down the ladder and you bit your lip harshly.

"This is a bad idea." You shuddered. "Tae, come back up. We shouldn't do this. Let's think of something else."

The elder simply grimaced as he carefully stepped lower and lower, his hands almost slipping a couple of times. "I'm already like almost half way." He grumbled, rolling his eyes.

Jungkook was crouching on the other side of the square cut out with the girls next to him, their eyes glancing back and forth between yours and Taehyung's movement.

"If someone has been stalking you guys from below your damn house, I'm going to shit myself and never step foot in this place ever again." Jungkook muttered. Jennie, this time, slapped his arm and shushed him. His words managed to make you smile faintly despite the nervousness making your palms clammy.

"If someone has been stalking us, then I'd sacrifice you first, idiot." You whispered to him, wiping your palms against your pants.

"Oh my god," Lisa squealed. "What is Taetae finds treasure? We can be rich then!"

You buried your face in your hands to muffle your groan while Jungkook snorted, ruffling the litte girl's hair.

"I'll be shocked if there's treasure in a creepy place like this." Taehyung's voice echoed as he was still climbing down. It was fairly deep, and Taehyung looked small from where you stared down at him.

"What if you find dinosaur bones?" Jennie gasped. "I heard some people find them in their backyards!"

You gaped at the two girls making a joke at the situation, both of them too young to understand the danger in it. Jungkook made a hand gesture that signaled for you to calm down and relax, but it didn't help very much.

A sudden sound of a harsh bang sounded and you froze, clambering over to peer down. All of you sighed in relief to see Taehyung having finally reached the bottom, getting up from having fallen onto the floor.

"What's down there?" You shouted down.

"Gold?"

"Dinosaur bones?"

Silence.

You guys watched as Taehyung gazed around, spinning in his spot in confusion. "Nothing. There's nothing! There's just a door that leads to somewhere!"

Jungkook's head snapped up to look at you. "Should I go down there and help?"

You shook your head. "No, wait. If there's nothing, then wait."

"Tae!" Jungkook yelled down, the anticipation making your heart beat faster. "What's behind the door?"

"No way to tell without opening it!" His voice yelled back. He had moved to a point where you could no longer see him, but only hear him. That was not settling well with you and you felt your hands shaking. "I'm gonna go past the door!"

Your eyes widened and Jungkook tried to stop him but to no avail as you heard it slam shut. All of you jumped at the sound, Lisa and Jennie screaming in shock.

"Tae?!" You called out in fear. "Tae!"

Goosebumps trickled up your skin at the silence. You began cursing under your breath, eyes frantically staring at the three others around you.

Silence was not good. It was not good at all.

"Where did he go?" Lisa cried.

"Taetae!" Jennie screamed.