27. marshmallows

"They've been in there for a while," you whispered. "I'm a little worried."

"It's quiet, too." Yoongi bit at his nails, a nervous antic he'd picked up. "Maybe Taehyung killed Jimin."

"Have some faith, grandpa." Jungkook grumbled, the eldest shooting him a glare at the nickname.

"Hey, Angel," Yoongi mumbled quietly, turning to the brunette sitting beside him on the couch. Hoseok looked over at him, frowning slightly. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh, I'm fine... I think." The younger seemed lost in his thoughts and Yoongi stared at him unconvinced. It wasn't common to see Hoseok so quiet.

"How about the thing from a couple of nights ago?" He asked quietly, the warmth spreading across his chest.

"Yoongi, I'm okay now," Hoseok's frown deepened. "Why are you asking?"

"I just wanted to make sure." The officer muttered, looking away and keeping his pink dusted cheeks from being the sunshine man's view. "A lot's going on right now."

"Your little check ins are cute." Hoseok smiled, making Yoongi's eyes go wide and he scowled in return. "I'm as good as I can get, don't worry, tough guy. How're you?"

"I don't like sitting around like game waiting to get hunted." Yoongi admitted. "And... I'm kind of getting a grip of the whole emotions thing."

"Oh, really? That's good." The younger hummed and Yoongi stared down at the couch where his ringed fingers rested on the leather surface.

They felt cold and empty and it reminded him too much of the tunnels.

He wanted some warmth.

Glancing at the younger brunette's hand just inches away, he slowly itched towards it, the younger not noticing until Yoongi's pinky grazed his, eliciting a spark of warmth through them both.

Yoongi whipped his head away when Hoseok looked down in surprise, a small chuckle leaving his lips as he linked their little pinkies, making Yoongi inwardly stifle a gasp.

"Should I talk to her?" Yoongi whispered aloud, only for Hoseok's ears as his eyes were trained on you and Jungkook sitting on the other side of the living room. "I think I should, right? Make use of this time?"

Hoseok tugged on his finger and Yoongi looked over at him, the younger grazing a digit on one of his rings absentmindedly. The warm touch against the cool metal made him shiver.

"Go," he pushed with his ever brightening smile. "You don't know what'll happen tomorrow and those two need to stop being annoying tension filled chickens."

-

"What did you want to talk about?" You asked quietly, slowing to a stop in the secluded hall as Yoongi faced you.

"Um... things?" He grimaced and scratched his head nervously.

"Okay, that doesn't explain shit." You cocked your head in confusion, taking in his small stance. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." Yoongi mumbled. Then, he sighed, collecting himself, and your eyebrow shot up in expectance. "Well, actually, I think there was just a misunderstanding between us that we should clear."

It took you a few moments to understand, but when you did put the pieces of his nervousness and words together, your jaw fell open in disbelief. "Yoongi, seriously? Have you read the room? This isn't exactly the time..."

"Y/N, there is no good time for anything anymore," he reasoned, voice hushed. "To be quite frank, none of us know who's going to be in jail tomorrow, so I'm using any time I can get."