seventeen.

CELESTIAL | 13.1
"EVOLVED, LIKE A SCIENCE EXPERIMENT"
THE BOY WHO STILL HAS A LOT OF
GOOD TO DO

SPRING BREAK WAS COMING TO AN END and Natalie had been distracting herself to prevent herself from thinking about the inevitable that was going to occur that night

SPRING BREAK WAS COMING TO AN END and Natalie had been distracting herself to prevent herself from thinking about the inevitable that was going to occur that night. The full moon. She was nervous for several reasons, the first being that she was scared to have her bones break in order to shift. The second being possibly discovering her mate.

So, to distract herself from possibly the worst night of her life, Natalie decided to figure out how the Other Side was constructed and how she and Hope could possibly replicate that. So far in her studies of her aunt's past research as well as the history of Qetsiyah, Natalie was certain that there was no way she and Hope would be able to do it.

Natalie sighed as she closed another book and looked out at the common area. She set her sights on Rafael who was walking down the hall. She had actually wanted to speak with him to ask about his first shifting.

"Rafael!" Natalie called after the werewolf who seemed to be in a rush.

"Natalie, what's up?" he asked her, glancing around the halls nervously.

"You seem even more jittery than I am," Natalie says with a laugh.

"Sorry," Rafael apologizes with a smile, "Full moon."

Natalie points a finger at him, "That's actually what I wanted to ask you about. Tonight, is my first time shifting and I wanted to know what I'm in for?"

His eyebrows knit together in confusion and Natalie forgot that everyone didn't know that she was a hybrid, "I'm a hybrid, my mom was a witch, dad was a wolf."

"Oh," Rafael said nodding his head, "Um cool. Shifting, it's hard to explain. Believe me when I say that it is the worst kind of pain, but once you get past the initial breaking of your bones, it's quite liberating."

Natalie nods at him with a smile, "Painful, got it."

He chuckles, "Trust me, everything is gonna be okay. I have to go do something but maybe I could help you out tonight? So, you won't have to be alone."

"That'd be great," Natalie tells him, "Thanks."

Rafael offers her a parting smile and wave before heading out the front door of the Salvatore School. If Natalie shifted with Rafael in the transition cells, then she wouldn't shift in front of Hope or Josie and her love life was still something that she had control over.

"Hey there."

Natalie turns to see Josie standing behind her with a wide grin on her face. Josie was wearing a navy Salvatore School hoodie and Natalie practically melted at the sight. Even when wearing simple clothes, Josie looked amazing.

"Hey yourself," Natalie greets, "What's up?"

"Nothing," Josie tells her with a little shrug, "I just missed you. Where have you been?"