S I X T E E N

I waited outside of Aiden's house anxiously with my heart thudding loudly inside my chest. I have already rung the doorbell multiple times but got no answer. It was making me even more impatient. I looked back at the darkness around. I don't see the car meaning at least Mr Wright is not at home. The raindrops fell on the ground mercilessly. I was in so much hurry that I didn't even bother to take umbrella or raincoat and came here running getting drenched.

My hair was soaked with water as the droplets travelled through wet body. My drenched dress was sticking with my figure making them look like one piece. I was shivering with coldness building inside me as the fear just added to it. I consciously wrapped my arms around my little body as I felt uncomfortable when the guard watched at me suspiciously. I put my hand up in the air ready to bang on it loudly when the door got wide opened and I was greeted by Clarissa. She looked worried as her gaze moved along my shivering body.

I moved inward and past her without saying anything at all just to see Aiden followed by Edmund making their way towards the door hurriedly. They stopped and looked surprised yet shocked when they noticed me in this state. I didn't think anything and ran towards Aiden wrapping my arms around him. I didn't care if I was drenched and wiped all the water on him. He held me tight in his embrace without caring for anything else because that truly didn't matter to us. I didn't realize it but I was crying by now. I saw Edmund moving closer to us as he kept his hand over my shoulder.

I sniffed hard and pulled back from Aiden's arms and looked up at him. He looked worried. His blue orbs were scared and worried for me. I made an attempt to wipe my face but forgot it was beyond messier. Aiden put his hands on my cheek and made me look at him as he moved a few strands away from my face.

"Tell me what happened?" He asked. Edmund stood right beside him with no different expressions than him. I can feel Clarissa closer as well. I can't tell anything in front of her. She will worry even more.

"I need to tell you something," I said.

"I'm right here. Say it," He said getting impatient with each passing moment. But he was still calm like always. I moved my gaze around and there were a few workers other than Clarissa who were watching me.

"Can we go somewhere else?" I asked moving my gaze back to Aiden. He looked around for a moment and then back at me as he nodded gently.

He looked back at, I suppose, Clarissa, giving her a nod.

"Get the girl change with something warm. I'll make tea for her so she won't catch a cold," I heard her but I didn't look in the direction. Aiden nodded looking at her again.

"Thanks. We will be upstairs in my room," he said and looked back at me.

"Come on," he said and moved his hand through my shoulder to the back as he gave me a gentle push to move forward. Edmund stayed on my other side giving the support I needed at the moment.

We walked through the stairs to go upstairs and I could feel the stares following me all the way until I was up and away from their gazes.

Edmund closed the door once we were inside Aiden's room. Aiden left me and walked towards his cupboard as he pulled out a sweatshirt and trousers. He walked towards me again and handed them to me asking to change into them. I wanted to tell everything to him first but he was adamant that I should get changed first before I catch cold or fever. He knows very well that if I stay the same for a few more moments then I might actually end up in bed.