N I N E

I held my neck and moved my hand around the mark that man left yesterday. It hurts to even move my neck around. I wanted to go to school just to get out but no one let me. So here I am sitting in mom and dad's room. I am not scared anymore but mom said she is going to visit dad in the hospital so I should stay there instead of my room as if this will make me safe. But I didn't protest if that's what makes her feel secure about my safety. Dad got hit on the head and he lost too much of blood so he was advised to get admitted though he will be back in a day or two at most.

I got up from the bed holding my neck as if it will fall down if I left. I walked towards the balcony and breathed the fresh air inside me. The weather was kind of clear today with just a few clouds in the sky but still, I could see the blue sky in between which I missed seeing. The trees and plants were shining in the dim sunlight as the butterflies roamed happily from flower to flower. It made me feel pleased for some reason. I was glad for the encounter I had yesterday with the killer because it kind of took away the fear from me. I feel more confident and most importantly now cops will take us seriously. So there is some kind of security I felt but I don't know until when it will last as the words said by that man echoed in my head. He will kill me sooner or later! I let out a sigh and looked ahead at the mountain. They looked happy today at the brightness of the sun hit them.

I looked back when I heard the door flung open. Aiden looked around the room until his gaze stopped at me. I gave him a pout as his blue eyes held concern and fear. He was in his school uniform. His hairs were dishevelled and messy. He was patting a little. He adjusted his tie and let it lose as he started walking in my direction. I was just waiting for him to come because I knew he would rush to me as soon as he will know about yesterday night. I heard mom talking to his family early in the morning about the incident besides now all kinds of news and their indefinite versions will spread like a wildfire around the town and even in neighbouring towns. I let out a sigh and walked towards him when he came hurriedly and grabbed me in his arms. I held him tight by throwing my arms around him. The tears started flowing again from my eyes as I left a sob being in his arms. Aiden held me tightly by one arm while another moved from my hair.

"I was so scared. I thought I might..." I was saying when a sob left my mouth. His school jacket was getting drenched with my tears but I didn't care. All I wanted was to stay close to him.

"Shhh..." he said and pulled away, "I am sorry. I didn't keep my promise." The guilt was visible on his face. I shook my head a little.

"It's not your fault," I said with a smile and brushed off the tears which gathered in his eyes. Aiden held my hand in his and pecked on it.

"I am sorry for going out of the way and tell everything to your dad," he said further looking down at our hands, "I didn't mean to betray you but I was scared something like this might happen. That's why..." he was saying when I cut him off.

"I know. It's okay," I said with a smile. I knew why he did what he did but I still doubted him. I felt disgusted by myself. I shook those thoughts away and focused on the guilty boy in front of me, "You were just worried," I said with assurance. Aiden stayed the same as he let out a sigh.

I engulfed him in a tight hug yet again resting my head over his chest. He caressed me by moving his hand around my hair. It felt good as a smile involuntarily formed on my lips.

The flashes from the yesterday yet again started to fill me as the weather outside changed suddenly making everything dark yet again. I shivered when I remembered that person and his creepy wicked smile. His words started ringing in my head again and again. He said someone told him about my whereabouts and that he promised he won't hurt me to someone. Why? Who is it?