F I F T E E N

I could sense some weight on me as I was sleeping on the bed. I clenched into the comforters closing my eyes shut. The weight moved towards my head. And someone beside me started rubbing my hairs shuffling them and playing with them.

"I see myself in you, Faith. You are just like me except you inherited your eyes from your Father. You look beautiful, my daughter," The person sleeping beside me on the bed whispered through my ears. I shivered in my sleep. The sweat was forming on my head as the body beside me came closer and cuddled up with me. She held me in her arms as she pecked on my tightly closed eyes and then on forehead. She started humming the melody which I grew up hearing at.

I sobbed hard as the emotions overflowed through me. The deep fear engrossed through me when I heard the same voice all over again. It was my mother there was no doubt about it. But how? She was singing When you wish upon a star. The song she would often sing for me being her own favourite. I still have a cassette of the same song and I hear it when I remember her soothing voice. I opened my eyes finally with a lot of courage with tears leaving my eyes from the side through the edge of both eyes. I was shaking with fear but still managed to slowly turn my head to the side to see the same smile which now sent shivers through my body.

"Mom," I whispered through a shaky voice. Her smile widened but her eyes were dark without any emotions. I felt chills all across me.

"Shhhhh..." She said moving her hand from me and putting a finger on her lips asking me to fall asleep. I still kept looking at her trying to get her emotions, trying to see why she is here and what she wants to tell me.

"Sleep, baby," she said again moving her hand over my cheek and wiping my tears away. Her smile disappeared in the blink and some haunting expressions took over her face. I wanted to get up and move but I felt like someone was holding me back. I could see her moving closer to me and I was able to see her terrifying dark black eyes. The white portion was nowhere to be seen. She smiled again as her face came dangerously closer to mine. I wanted to push her away but I couldn't move my hands or feet. I was paralyzed.

She opened her mouth. That was dark. The hole kept growing bigger covering her face and some black solution started flowing through her mouth. It was going to fall on my mouth when I jerked hard. My chest was moving up and down as my eyes were glued to the ceiling. It was just a dream, a bad dream. Calm down, Faith. I looked to my side and there was no one. I let out a sigh and started fiddling my fingers intertwining the comforter into my hand but there was something off about it.

I looked down. My eyes widened with shock as I looked at the white gown in my hand. My hands started shaking with fear. I got up and sat straight trying to wipe the sweat forming on my forehead and neck. My gaze refused to move from that white piece of cloth which was lying in front of me. It was the same. The same gown she was in when we buried her. I still remember it crystal clear. I wasn't wrong. How... How come it is here. It can't be. This must be something else. I started panting loudly when I heard a knocking sound of the window. I moved my neck rapidly but there was no one.

It came again while I was still looking at the window. It's not the window. I was sure about it. My gaze wandered throughout the room but there was no one. No one beside me. Again! And one more time!

The sound was that of someone knocking on the glass. I was sure but I couldn't figure out from where it was coming. The tears started flowing through my eyes and I wanted to shout. I opened my mouth in a hope to call my mom and dad but no sound followed. I looked at the front at the lying dress. It started getting stained with red. The red thing was falling from the roof on my bed and on that dress. I shook my head and tried to move but I again paralyzed just like the dream I saw. I finally looked up at the ceiling.