T H R E E

I looked at the empty seat in the back and out in the rain. It's been days since it's pouring. It's usually the same in the rainy season. It pours for days and nights as we live close to the forest especially. I used to roam around the town along with Aiden, Emily and Edmund but nothing is same now though I wish it to be soon enough.

I didn't get to see Aiden after the last encounter. I visited his home twice. It was closed ones and I was greeted by his parents for the second time but I got no luck getting to meet him. I am sure his parents must have informed him but he still didn't make any efforts to come and see me or even telephone me even once. I wonder what is happening with him. Tyler is seriously no good.

He didn't belong to the school but he is pretty famous in the whole town. He is son of the gambler Elijah Davis who thinks he own the town. Those father-son do as they please and no one even ask anything to them. They run a club in the downtown. The part of the town which is famous for not so good things and ever since the childhood we have been warned to stay away from there. I wonder why did Aiden get involved with those goons.

I let out a sigh and looked at the board in front. Mr. Miller was scrubbing the math problems for us to solve. I groan gently and tilted my head to look at Emily.

"Did you see Aiden anywhere?" I asked and she shrugged without moving her gaze from the blackboard. She was trying to catch up with the speed of Mr. Miller who was on the spree of giving us a problem after the other.

"I haven't seen him for like 2 days now." She said and looked at me for a brief moment, "Did anything happen between you two?"

"Why did you ask?" I asked in a low voice giving her a confused look. She let out a laugh and moved her gaze back to the board.

"That means I was right and Edmund is still dumb." She said. I shook my head letting out a small sigh. Those two won't change.

"What does that mean?" I asked and started scribbling the homework problems in my notebook.

"I noticed you silently thinking the whole time." She said making me chuckle a little.

"Apart from your hidden killer there is only one person who would make you worried and that's Aid." She said and I let out a sigh stopping for a brief moment.

That's right! The look on his face and the tone of his voice that day did freak me out and I just couldn't get it out of my head. I kept thinking about him for the whole night as sleep refused to get me. But that's not all. I was scared of my nightmare. I don't want Aiden to take over them.

I didn't see him in school later. He is missing for the two consecutive days and making me sick worried but I don't want to go there again. Yup, he must be with Tyler and Jake and he has warned me not to show up there. I don't want to upset him again so I will be making a stop at his house today if I don't get to see him today also.

"He freaked me out." I said in a low voice looking down at my notebook as Aiden's thoughts started consuming me.

"What did he do?" I heard Emily ask. I shook my head gently.

"Nothing." I said. I heard her let out a sigh.

"Mrs. Baker..." She said and I gave her a confusing look.

"The art teacher." She cleared it for me. I nodded my head in understanding. She is new and I haven't yet paid attention to her.