T W E L V E

I took my math notebook from the locker and closed it behind. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall in front of me. There were just 10 minutes left for the first lecture and there is no news of Emily or Edmund. Aiden went straight for his football practice. I couldn't meet him but that's what he told me yesterday over the phone.

The marks on my face were healing for good but I got unwanted stares in the hallway making me conscious about myself. I thought it's better if I just go and sit in the classroom rather than exposing myself to the entire school and that too alone. The rain was at halt today making it the consecutive third day with its absence. But the weather was cloudy. The wind made it's the appearance in between making it a little pleasant.

I chose my favourite spot close to the window and in the middle of the classroom keeping a spot for Emily beside me and Edmund at front. I am just praying Rose would sit with her best friend as always keeping the seat next to Edmund empty as I want to talk to him about Aiden.

"Hola," Emily shouted in my ear making me deaf. I jerked hard as I didn't spot her coming because I was wandering in my own thoughts.

I gave her an irritated look as she started laughing looking at my expressions. Edmund followed her taking a seat in front of me.

"Good morning, Faith," he said smiling and looking back at me, "How are you feeling?"

"Good morning, Ed. I'm feeling much better today," I said giving him my full smile. He nodded at me.

"Aww, you are looking so cute," Emily said giving me a dreamy look to which I just rolled my eyes as she played with my both braids. I threw an angry glare at her.

"Shut up, Emily," I said showing irritation but when has it bothered her. She kept on annoying me.

"Alright people, just hear me out before Mr Smith comes..." I said clapping to grab their attention. They both looked at me. Edmund adjusted in his head to get a clear look of me. The worried expressions on his face said that he is suspecting something.

"Are you continuing your research?" Emily asked without letting me speak ahead. I didn't miss the slight tint of worry on her face but she didn't let it show.

"God no. It's about Aiden," I said as she gave me an 'o' expression. I saw Edmund adjusting again to get a full view of me. He was giving me his full attention now.

"Aiden, where is he?" We looked to the side to see the most annoying face. I hope my day won't get ruined because of it. We three exchanged a look. Edmund's posture toughed while Emily gave him a grand ignore.

Actually, it's not just us who hate him but I am pretty sure there are tons of other people because of his constant negative remarks making fun of people and arrogant attitude who shouts how highly he thinks of himself. I just hate his whole appearance.

"Hi, Noah, how have you been?" I still put a formal smile so at least I won't look rude. I don't want to be in his category besides, he hasn't done anything till now to piss me off. He looked at me with a dramatic face to show how concern he is.

"I'm good, Faith. How have you been? You made me worry with all the news," he said and I had an urge to roll the eyes but I didn't. I heard Emily let out a loud laugh making him offend. Edmund shook his head and took out his notebook.