E I G H T

I watched outside the window as the rain poured heavily on the ground. I have no clue what and how I am supposed to do anything after what Aiden did to me. But I won't sit back and watch like this. I already called Emily and told her everything. She was as shocked as me knowing Aiden is the one to betray me. But Aiden knows me well and he knows it very well that just because he did something like this doesn't mean I will stop. People are just making it worst by provoking me by any means. He did exactly what that killer asked me to do and now I am thinking how can I get out of this house.

I kept looking at the woods. I don't exactly know what I was searching for but my gaze moved throughout the forest recklessly. The trees were brushing against each other with the fast wind that was blowing around as the water fell ruthlessly on them. The leaves were falling down on the ground. I saw some helpers running around with umbrellas in their hands tackling with this weather to check on the things around. I put my hand on the window sill and rested my chin on it. The sprinkles of water hit my face gently in between. I kept looking at the water falling on the rooftop as it made it's way down to touch the ground.

I heard the door creak as mom peaked through it pushing it further and making her way towards me. I adjusted myself in the seat moving my gaze back to the window. I am in no mood to talk with anyone at the moment and if I could find Aiden, I will kill him right there. I know I will regret it later but I don't care.

"Don't you want breakfast?" she asked settling beside me on the couch. I kept looking outside. I was mad at everyone. I don't know who to trust anymore. The person who I thought would support me in anything broke my trust. I hope he doesn't break me anymore. He knows much more about me than any of the people around. I have shared my whole life with him not hiding even the smallest part of myself. Especially about my birth mom and what followed after that. the part that I have kept away from everyone but him. Even Emily got no clue as to what exactly happened that night. It's just him. Was I fool to do that? Did I trust him blindly? Or am I thinking too much now? He did because he was concerned, right? Yes! I suppose and I hope that's the case.

"I have no appetite," I said without looking at her. I heard her let out a sigh. She kept her hand over mine.

"Faith," she called in an understanding tone. I let out a frustrated deep sigh and looked at her.

"Mom, I don't want to talk about it," I said and moved my hand away from hers.

"Why didn't you tell us about the note?" she asked again. Her tone was calming as always and she continued, "And why do you have to go all the way there? At the house?"

I know I shouldn't have done what I did but I have my reasons to do so. The main being people neglected the fact that the killer was at my window. They just said that they searched the woods. That's all. Who knows if they actually did it. No one bothered much about it. I have said countless times that I see someone in the woods but still got ignored so I got no option but to help myself out even if that means keeping my own life in danger. Anyway, I am not safe so it hardly matters.

"Didn't you think how dangerous that can be? That he might come to kill you?" she continued again when I refused to speak. I was getting more and more frustrated with every passing moment. The anger was engulfing inside of me but I was trying to contain it in the only way I knew. By staying quiet.

"He is already out there, mom. Ready to kill us at any moment," I said making my voice a bit louder, "What worse can happen?" she didn't say anything but the look on her face said she is a bit convinced by what I said.

"Either way he is coming for us," I said again making my voice low yet again.

"But Moore..." she was saying when I cut her off. I am tired of hearing the stuff that cops are doing their job. If they are doing what they have to do then how did that person reach my window each time and just vanish in nowhere?