T W O

I was sitting in the garden adorning the flowers. It was past the evening and no one was around. The electricity was shut off throughout the town but the gasoline lamps were on. The wind was playing with my hair just like how it ruffled the leaves of the trees. I was wearing my favorite white-coloured frock with full sleeves. I looked back at the house but it was dark with light coming from just one window. I let out a sigh and looked ahead again.

The woods were silent with the huge mountain in its background. They were roaring as the wind was passing through them. My ginger-coloured hair was moving rapidly as I tried to set them in place. There was pitch dark inside the forest and no matter how closely I look inside I wasn't able to figure out anything.

"Faith..." I shivered when someone whispered in my ear. I looked beside but no one was around.

I kept looking around as I am sure I heard the sound from behind me. How can anyone be so fast? I looked up at the window from where the light was coming from before. My stomach twisted when I saw a dark shadow standing behind the curtains. It was a woman. Her hair was flowing with the wind. My breaths got uneven but I kept looking at her as I tremble with fear. She moved her finger on her lips gesturing me something. Maybe asking me to stay quiet but why? Who was she?

"Mom." I tried to shout but my voice remained inside my throat. It refused to come out. The shadow of the woman started moving away from the window when I noticed a creepy smile on her face as if she was mocking me. She was teasing me. What was she hiding? Who was she hiding? I moved my gaze when I heard the noise of dried leave.

It was Mr Gracia walking inside the house but he stopped midway and kept looking down. I gave him a concerned look and moved forward to him. I wanted to ask if he is fine as I saw him really worried the other day. As I was walking closer, he looked up at me. His gaze gave me creeps and I felt fear taking over me. He tilted his head and smiled at me. The smile that freaked me out.

"Faith..." I looked at the other side when I heard the same whisper in my other ear. I was shaking by now. I don't know what was happening. I tried to shout but no one heard me. I got up and looked around but still no traces of anyone.

I again looked at Mr Gracia who was laughing loudly by now. I felt like shouting for help but before I could make a move he got on the ground and started running towards me by taking big steps like some animal. I shouted loudly but no one came for my rescue. Mr Gracia was coming closer.

I was about to run inside the house when it happened. He was there standing at some distance facing me. The killer. He had his black hoodie on his face. The lower area of his face was visible. He had a creepy smile on his face. He came towards me taking big steps but I was quick enough to turn around and run for my life. I ran inside the woods. He was following me behind. I moved the braches away in my way but kept running deep inside. The rain started pouring making the ground wet. I feared to slip. I was shouting for help but there was no one. He was fast enough to come closer to me. He grabbed my hair as I cried for help but no one was around beside the tall trees. He licked his lower lip as a creepy smile formed on his lips again.

"You redhead bitch, how dare you to run?" He said with his voice so deep. I cried again when he pulled my hair tighter. I was struggling to get out of his grip but he was too tough. His grip was tight. I moved my hands fast and grabbed his hoodie pushing it away from his head.

I jerked and shot my eyes open when my clock started ringing loudly. My eyes were wide open now. The sweat was throughout my body making my sheets and bed wet. I took deep breaths and got up immediately trying to capture my surroundings. I let out a sigh of relief and gulped hard as I took the clock from the side table and turned off the alarm.