Chapter 10

Angel only called him when she wanted to fuck.

Or if she was hungry and wanted him to cook for her.

And then they'd fuck.

They fucked so much he always left her with a raw dick. He was not complaining though. He liked Angel. He really, really liked her and it was scaring him because he had not been honest with her.

He had not told her everything about himself.

One Friday night she called him because she was hungry. He didn't feel like cooking so he picked up some hood Chinese food. Couldn't get the kind of Chinese he liked in bougie west county. They camped out on the floor in her living room with the fireplace going and lots of wine.

"So how was your day at work?" he asked her.

"Why are you asking me about work?" She moved closer to him and kissed his neck. "I want you naked and inside of me soon."

"How about instead of sex tonight we talk and get to know each other more."

"I know you enough." She slid her hand down his pants.  "Ooo, and I see Mr. Big Stuff is nice and hard and ready for me."

"Come on Angel, I'm serious. We've been seeing each other for a couple of weeks now and I still don't know you that well. How is your divorce coming along? Is he still fighting you?"

She let out a sigh and moved away.

"I do not want to talk about him. You're too damn fine and I'm too damn horny."

"So I'm just your play toy, huh? That's all you want from me? I told you I was not that kind of guy. I'm trying to get to know you so we can have a real relationship."

"A real relationship? Oh baby," she said, pinching his cheeks.  "Tell me you're not getting all mushy on me."

"No!" He moved her hands away.  "I told you, Angel, I'm not that guy you think I am. If this is all you want from me, let me know."

Angel did not say anything, just looked away.

"Okay, I see," he said and got up from the floor.

He should have seen this coming but at least he did not put his heart out there before she crushed it.  They both had fun and he could move on.

"Hook, come on, what are you doing? I like you, I like what we have. I just got out of a relationship, what more do you want from me?"

"The truth. You don't think a man like me is good enough for you...and maybe you're right.  I sure as hell don't feel comfortable mingling around here in your neck of the woods. And you have yet to introduce me to any of your friends. I mean, I should take that for what it is. We are good in the sheets, but not in the streets."

"I never said that Hook, that is your insecurity."

"You didn't have to say it." He headed for the door just as he heard someone trying to enter it. He looked puzzled as the door opened and a brother dressed in a dark suit strolled in like he owned the place. He stopped when he noticed him.

"Who the hell are you?" the man asked.

Before he could say anything, Angel rushed over to them.

"Matt, what are you doing here? You don't live here anymore, remember that?"

"The hell I do! This is my God damned house. Who is this up in my home?"

"I'm leaving." Hook realized this must be Angel's soon-to-be ex-husband. Not a white man like he thought he would be. He was a decent-looking guy, a few inches shorter than him, brown-skinned, and sporting a neat goatee.