Chapter 16

Angel insisted she had to go to work the next day, even as he insisted she work from home. They argued about it all morning, while she got dressed.

"That mother fucker knows where you work! He can come up there and..." He stopped himself from saying anything that would scare her. "Look, baby, I'll just come there with you."

"No!"

"Angel, you think he's playing? You think he ain't still crazed?"

"I'll just...talk to him."

How could she be so smart, and then so dumb? A college degree didn't mean a thing in the streets with a gun to your head.

"Babe, just stay here where you'll be safe."

"I can't hide out here forever Hook."

"Yes, you will."

She ignored him and went to the bathroom and slammed the door.

Shit! After the nice night they had last night, and now this. She was a hard-headed, stubborn ass chick. How was he going to protect her if he had to go to work, and she was going to work? He knew that dude was just waiting for another chance to snatch Angel up. He had to figure out a way to monitor her if she did leave.

He left the bedroom when he heard the shower running. Maybe she would think it through and decide to stay at his place. He went into the kitchen and scrambled up some eggs, made some bacon, toast, and sliced oranges. He was just making her plate when she walked in with nothing but a towel and a big smile.

"I smell food. Does this mean you're making up with me?"

"No, it just means yo crazy ass need to eat."

"I called Jared to come to pick me up here." She sat in front of her plate and started to eat.

"That could work," he stated after thinking about it. He sat down with his plate. "He knows about the situation and he'll look out for you, right?"

She shrugged and continued to eat.

While she went to get ready for the day, he dressed in his work attire and waited for Jared. When he arrived, Angel was still getting ready. It was the perfect opportunity to chat with him.

"What you think? You think ole boy would go to y'all job and start something?"

"Honestly, I didn't think Matt was like that," Jared admitted. "I'm the one that set them up, so you know I feel bad about that. So yes, he might be that crazy, how the hayle would I know."

"I don't know how y'all roll, but if a mother fucker pulls a gun on me, Imma stay strapped every time till the situation is dealt with. Do you need a piece? Technically I ain't supposed to be handling a gun, but I have access to more."

"A gun? No, I don't think so," Jared shook his head in protest.

"Man, what you gonna do if he comes up in there and start cappin'?"

"He wouldn't. He just wants to work things out with Angel. But, I see you all worried, so I will look out for her. We have cameras and alarms at the office. We don't have people coming in from the street, we will keep the door locked."

Hook thought on it. That still did not feel like enough to him. When a bitch ass was that turnt about pussy they lost, they could knock down a three-story building to get it.

Angel came out looking fine and chill. The black pants she wore fit all her curves, and the bodysuit had her little boobs all perky and popping half out the shirt.

"Where are you going looking like that?"

"I told you I'm going to work. Didn't you man-bond with Jared and instruct him on how to be my bodyguard?"