Fool-ish In Love P.3

1993

It was the summer before their senior year and the only questions they were asked were "What are you going to do after graduation?" And "Where are you going to school?" And the dreaded "Are you two going to the same school? Long distance can be so hard." Johan and Christine had been officially together for just over a year now and actually discussed their plans in detail to each other. Well, Christine had, Johan gave vague answers on him doing spoken word, or maybe teaching with Christine. "Think about it! You could be the brilliant History teacher, and I could be the fun English teacher. And we could sneak off and fool around under the bleachers!" Christine shoved his shoulder and laughed with him on the hood of his car.

1994

Graduation loomed over everyone's heads. Christine had worked her hardest senior year to make sure she was able to get scholarships and grants. Sometime during the second semester, Johan switched his plans. "France! Come on Christine! You always said you wanted to travel! Where else is as beautiful as Paris?" She smiled though her heart was being torn in two different directions. "Tell you what, I'll go to school, get my certification, work super hard so I can join you when I finish." Johan was like a little puppy, his hair bouncing and becoming an extension of his face. Christine wanted nothing more than to give in to what her heart was pleading and run away to France with him, but she knew what she wanted and she had to have her dream too.

After graduation, she kissed him goodbye and waved as his plane took off to chase his dream. They tried to make it work, they really did, but soon, neither had time for the other. Johan was discovering himself and his preferences in France while Christine was discovering her true purpose. on the west coast.

1998

She worked her ass off in school, the tuition herself and even got a teaching job close to LA right after Graduation. During her college years, she got in contact with Bow again, needing advice with the new situations university brought, as well as study tips and how to juggle school-work, social life, and everything else that came with living on your own. "Hey, Bow, have you heard from Johan recently? I want to invite him to graduation, but I don't know how to reach him. I actually stopped hearing from him around sophomore year. Unless you don't think he'd even want to come, then I won't bother him about it." She sent Bow an invite to the ceremony and was surprised to feel the absence of Johan. Dinner was filled with laughter and congratulations, photo albums and memories. The only thing Christine missed was her best friend and the man she loved.