Peter Parker-Don't Hold Your Breath

SHARP TURN AT THE END... FLUFF, FLUFF, FLU-ANGST WARNING!!!

I laid up in Peters bed, waiting for him to come back from his internship at Stark Enterprises. Rolling over to face the clock again, I realize it's already nine, I've been waiting for him to come home for three hours now. Checking my phone for any word from my boyfriend saying when he would be coming home, I realize just how loud my stomach had gotten. Getting up to stretch my legs and grab a bite to eat, I reach for the door knob.

Suddenly Peters window across the room from me is thrown open and an unidentifiable figure enters the room, the only light coming from the moon and dim street lights below. His attention snaps to me when I release an audible gasp accidentally. In a flash a hand is pressed to my mouth muffling my voice. I flip the light switch next to me to see the intruder, the reds and blues becoming colorful under the artificial lighting. Relaxing at the sight of the hero, relieved that it wasn't a thief or criminal, I notice that he's lifted his mask up over his nose, showing the bottom half of his face. He's shushing me and begging me not to scream.

I focus on the skin showing to keep my breathing even, most importantly the dimple that is identical to the one on my boyfriend. "Spidey?" I ask, but is still muffled by his hand, coming out "Spoody?" The sound shocks him awake, slowly removing his hand from my face. I clear my throat and start again. "Spidey? What are you doing here? This isn't your apartment." My masked boyfriend is slowly understanding what I'm saying. "Oh, uh, yeah. This isn't 15C?" I gently shake my head, "No, this is 13G. I was on my way to get a snack, I trust you to let yourself out."

Making my way to the kitchen to grab a pack of gummies. A small smile plays on my lips at the thought of Peter in the suit, saving all those people. Only 5 minutes later the man I had been waiting for walked through the front door, this time in regular clothes. "Peter, you missed it, Spider-man was here!" I excitedly tell him, pretending I don't know his identity. His body language relaxed at my remark, relieved that I didn't recognize him. Trying his best to appear nonchalant, he raises an eyebrow and picks up a snack. "Oh did he? Did you see his face at all?" His cover is obviously blown when his voice cracks at his last words. Knowing that there was a reason behind keeping it a secret from me, I continue to play dumb. "Oh no, he kept his mask on. But whoever it was, either they live in 15C or at least know someone in 15C. The poor guy miscalculated the apartment windows." I finish off my retelling of the encounter with a look of ignorance.

Peter looks like he's going to say something to me, but just sighs and shakes his head. "Hey, Y/N, it's getting late you should really go home." Now my look of confusion becomes genuine. "But Peter, it's only 9:20, and it's date night..." Like a flash, Peter flips out at me, harshly snapping his head in my direction, his loving gazes now hardened like stone. "Not tonight Y/N Ok? I gave my answer, now listen to it. You're so immature, whining all the time!" His voice drips venom. My bottom lip is already trembling at his outburst at this point. "I think we should stop seeing each other." At my gasp of shock and heartbreak he continues. "And look this isn't some heat of the moment, say something because I'm stressed. I've been wanting this for a while, I was just waiting for the right time." Feeling the tears finally let loose, I slowly nod my head to the floor, defeated. Taking a deep shaky breath I turn to the door. "Peter, I-I understand. I'm sorry I made you feel that way, but if you ever want to talk about anything you know where to find me."

As I step out I hear him say colder than ice, "Don't hold your breath."