Darth Vader x Diabetic!Reader

So two loverly anons requested a diabetic!Reader x Vader, and I've gotten a few Vader x reader requests. Y'all really thirsting out here for some of the chosen one. But anyways, I did some research for this one, and I hope I conveyed it properly. If there are things I need to change or correct, please let me know. I want to be as inclusive as possible. (This is pretty recently after Anakin went dark, and Luke and Leia are still very young children.)

Walking quickly down the corridor of the Death Star, I make my way to Lord Vader's summon. The Empire has been working the crew of the massive star destroyer to the bone. I overslept on accident after staying up all night reviewing treaties with planets, as well as rumors of the scum who rebel against the very organization meant to help the galaxy reach balance. I had forgotten to grab my watch off the counter, instead deciding that I would be able to keep track of my glucose checking times by the clocks posted around the base. Finally I reach Lord Vader, and deeply bow to the intimidating figure. "You summoned me, Lord Vader?" I hear his oxygen sizzle and pop as he takes a breath to respond to me. "Yes, Commander L/N. You have the briefing on the rebel alliance?" I nod. "Yes sir. The rebels are slowly but surely gaining traction. They are especially popular on Curassant and Naboo, strange as it seems." With a nod, I am dismissed and am immediately called away by Grand Moff Tarkin. "Commander L/N, I need you to send these reports to the Stormtrooper Captain." I take the reports and deliver them to the Captain, and am summoned by Lord Vader. As I make my way back to the Sith Lord, I feel myself grow dizzy. I push through, not wanting to lose my head over a dizzy spell. Bowing my head, I await his need. He starts speaking to me in his modulated tones, but it starts to fade in and out. I do my best to power through and pay attention, but my vision starts to swim as well. I don't even feel myself sway as my vision goes black before I hit the floor.

I wake up in the pristine white of the medic office. Groaning, I do my best to sit up, but am pushed down with some invisible hand. Shaking my head, I try again, but it is more forceful than the first time. Then I hear his respirator. My eyes widen in shock, "Lord Vader is here? Oh stars, he's followed up to berate me for being unprofessional." I open my mouth with my head down. "Lord Vader, I am so sorry I collapsed while you were speaking. There is no excuse and I am terribly remorseful. Please forgive me my Lord." He stops me before I can continue to ramble and plead for forgiveness. "Commander L/N, why was I made unaware of diabetic condition?" I am shocked at his brash question. No force chokes, no threats of violence, only what seemed like... Caring? "I am not sure my Lord, I did not share with you because I didn't find it important and did not want it to get in the way of my work. I wanted to be seen like any other commanding officer." Nodding, he leaves the room. Unsure of what to do, I gather my things and return to my quarters after being released.

The next day it is just as I feared, I was being treated as if I was fragile, about to tip at any moment. But what was strange was that it wasn't other co-workers, it was Lord Vader himself. He summoned me at least 6 times that day. Inviting me to sit, to eat, to rest, to just talk about anything and everything. I indulged him the first couple of times, but as the day went on, I grew frustrated. "My Lord, all due respect, but this is exactly why I kept my diabetes under wraps. I wanted to be seen as equal, not as something fragile and breakable. I have survived years and years of this condition and I am perfectly fine. Yesterday was a fluke situation, and it will not happen again. I would appreciate it very much if you would forget about it and let me do my job." My chest heaves with the adrenaline administered during my long winded rant, and as I cool down, I imagine the repercussions of my outburst. Sighing, he lifts my chin to look into the eyes of his mask. "Commander L/N, I only started treating you like you were fragile because I was scared. I once lost someone near and dear to me, and because of that, I didn't want to lose you too. I understand you hiding your condition, if I could hide mine, I would too. That's all." I nod and slowly reach for his gloved hand. "I understand, thank you for explaining your feelings to me."

We slowly came together as a pair over time, becoming engaged about 3 years after the "incident". As I get ready to climb into bed, I hear my fiance rasp. "Don't forget to check your levels." Rolling my eyes, I look at him over my shoulder as I take my test. "I'm not fragile you know." As I climb into bed, he pulls me in close to him. "Oh, I know you're not."