Kylo x Princess!Reader

Requested:Yes

"Could I get a Kylo x Princess reader!?"                                                                                                        "Hi! See you're taking requests and I was hoping if you could write a Ben x reader in which they were since they were born and fall in love all along but he leaves for the dark side but once he redeems himself, goes back to reader??? Thank youuuuuu" 

So these two beautiful people requested, and this is what I came up with! This takes place before and slightly after TFA, so that TLJ and ROS can miss me with that Bullshit. 

My earliest memories consist of days playing with a boy with ears he had yet to grow into, and dark raven hair. My mother was queen on Naboo, she helped the rebellion during the war, and became friends with Princess -now general- Leia Organa of Alderan. When we were 6, the Solos traveled to Naboo. I had "borrowed" one of my mothers dresses and stood in a field with the tiny "prince". He had bashfully given me a bundle of wildflowers, roots still clutching the soil they were growing in. He cleared his throat and stepped closer to me. "I pinky promise to love you as much as I love Macaroni and Cheese. Even when you have cooties and when girls are gross." Swinging the flowers, I say back to him, "I promise to love you more than I love my dollys. Even when you've gone back home and I don't see you anymore." I kissed his cheek and giggled. That night I had my mother teach me how to press flowers. I slept with that book of pressed petals under my pillow for weeks.

Ben and I spent the summer before his departure to train with his uncle Luke together. We were now 10 years old. He had grown into his ears a bit since the last time I had seen him, and his hair had since started to grow over the tips of his ears. We sat in the meadow and talked, or just stared at the sky. I wove a crown of flowers, adding purple and blue flowers into the sea of yellow. We talked and laughed until it is time for Ben to leave. Tears blurred my eyes as I ran towards him one last time. We held each other tight and bled tears into each others clothes. As he boarded the ship, he smiled at me until the door closed. I stood there with my mother, waving and waving until I could no longer see their ship, and then waved for just a bit longer to be sure.

Years have since passed since the day Ben started his training with the great Jedi Luke Skywalker. Years have passed since Luke Skywalker's temples were destroyed by Kylo Ren. I cried for weeks and weeks until I had no tears left to cry. I could not believe that my Ben, the boy that I had pledged to love more than the thing most important to me at the time, had killed younglings, had turned to the dark side and created a new Empire. I remembered his mother coming herself to share the news. I did my best to remain put together for not only myself but for the grieving general, I had almost succeeded until she began to break and I joined her. I am now queen of Naboo, like my mother before me, following in her footsteps and becoming elected by the people.

I wake up from my flashbacks on a First Order couch, the alliance meetings taking place on the intimidatingly named "Starkiller Base". One of my ladies in waiting gently reminds me: "Your Highness, we have a meeting with General Hux. He is here to talk about the alliance between the First Order and Naboo." I fix my make-up and headpiece before marching out to meet the ginger general. I enter the conference room from my door, and make myself comfortable and regal as General Hux and his troopers come in to join me. The meeting is tense with anticipation. "General, my people and I are not ones to just roll over and take whatever is dealt our way. I am willing to come to an agreement, but I will not allow you to threaten my people with extinction if we do not automatically agree to your terms. There is room for negotiation here for both of us." Finally we reach an agreement, and we start to work out and sign paperwork. As I leave the conference room to go back to my room, I feel a presence that lurked in the background all trip, but also felt familiar, like a long forgotten scent. It was stronger now, like whatever it was that caused the feeling was drawing closer to me. I subtly look over my shoulder, and find nothing.

I enter my room and immediately relax, ditching the headpiece and wiping my face of the dramatic traditional makeup of the queens before me. I hear the door open and call out to my handmaid, "I think that went well, it was a bit tense but our people are safe." I get no response, which is strange, since my handmaid Ari and I have been friends for a very long time. I leave the fresher room to see what is the matter and instead of Ari, a large black mask is staring me directly in the face. It hurts too much to see him, to remember the betrayal and pain he caused those who loved him. He stalks closer and closer until my back is pressed up against the wall. His helmet is lifted off and I see the boy I had fallen in love with, some 15 years older. He has grown into his ears, and his hair has grown to brush his shoulders. "I agree your Highness, it did go well. Your people are safe." His voice, deeper and rougher than before. "Thank you, Commander Ren. If you will allow me, I am not feeling too well right now, and I would like to rest." Nodding, he leaves the room. Some strange part of myself wonders if he remembers me and the vows we made all those years ago, but the logic of my brain shakes the idea away, reminding me of the atrocities that he has committed. The trip goes well, and soon I am back on Naboo. A couple years pass, and I step down as queen, working instead as an ambassador, and secret benefactor for the rebels. I allow those in need to dock, refuel and swap information. When I find little things of Queen Amidalas, I always send a rebel back to Leia with it.

I watch from my window, a rebel ship arrive nearby and I walk out to greet them. "Welcome to Naboo, traveler. What can I get for you? Fuel, food, lodging?" The woman who exited the ship shakes her head, but then changes her mind. "We are running low on fuel, and the ship has suffered damage. You are Princess Y/N L/N, yes? The General sent me." Nodding my head I simply say "You must be Rey, Leia has told me lots about her recently found niece. Greetings." As I turn to escort her into my home and to call those who assist the rebels, I hear grumbling and the whirring of a droid. "No, I am not going out there. She doesn't want to see me." I calmly turn to the newest "Skywalker", and raise my eyebrows. "I was unaware that there were other travelers with you. Are they alright?" Sighing she calls back to the ship. "Alright you two, come on out. You can't stay in the ship anymore." Turning as well, I see a round little BB unit race down the ramp. I kneel down to inspect it. "Oh, aren't you the cutest little thing. We'll get you cleaned up in no time." I straighten and find myself face to face once again with the boy I spent my childhood with.

I study his face with scrutiny, and finally address him. "Greetings, Commander Ren." He winces and sheepishly mutters, "It's... It's Ben. Ben Solo." I snap myself into focus at his eyes, searching for deception and I can not seem to find any. "Alright, Ben. Come inside. Let's get you something to eat." It took a long time before I truly trusted Ben, but sooner than later, we both were standing in that same field from all those years ago. This time saying our real vows.