Fool-ish In Love P.1

One

1991

"I can not believe you haven't seen Ghost yet! It's so good!" Johan shrugged and continued to browse through the tapes at the local video store. "What about this one?" He holds up Robocop 2, it's title loud and proud on the cover. Christine rolls her eyes a bit and bumps her hip with his. "Fine, but we watch Ghost too." Satisfied with their selections they walked up to the checkout counter to take their movies home for the night.

"Ok, I'll admit it, that was pretty good." Christine grinned at Johan at her small victory and got up from the couch to wash her popcorn dish. "You go ahead and start the action movie you picked. I'll be right there." As she washed out her bowl and laid it out to dry, Johan had stretched out on the couch, watching the opening credits roll. As Christine came to sit down with him, he tucked his heels towards him to give her room, but he still took up a large section of the seats. "Congrats. I'm gonna lay on you. You take up too much room." She got a raised eyebrow in return and opted to lean on him in retaliation. Every time an explosion or loud noise would boom through the speakers, Christine would shrink further into Johans chest. Eventually the noise evened out and so did her breathing. Somehow beyond Johans comprehension, Christine managed to fall asleep on his chest amid the explosions and yells from the tv screen. He glanced down at her and noticed how her face relaxed and she curled into his warmth as she slept. She hummed in her sleep as he started to play with her hair, relaxing himself. As the credits began to roll, Johan debated in his mind whether or not to wake her. He gave in to his selfish desires and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep himself.

"Hey, Johan. Wake-up!" Johan started at his name being called and came face to face with his older sister. "Bow? What's going on?" His voice was surprisingly thick for a fifteen year old, and he reached to rub the sleep from his eyes. "What time is it?" Rainbow glanced at the clock above the stove and responded "It's 4:17. You're lucky I came down for some water before anyone else saw you two on the couch like this. Mom would cry, Dad would try to have "The Talk" with you, and Santy would never let you live it down. Now, come on. If you can get Christine into my room and onto the trundle, nobody will ever know that you two were getting cuddly." He had his sister lift her a bit, just enough for him to stand and stretch and then lifted his best friend into his arms. As he picked her up and started his journey up the stairs to his sisters bedroom, he was thankful for all the strength building that had come with breakdancing. Johan laid his closest friend onto the bed and tucked her in, pulling the blankets up around her and making sure she was comfortable before climbing into his own bed at the end of the hall. Rainbow wished him a goodnight and joined Christine in dreamland. The house was silent, the noises from his family non-existent in the early morning. Despite the utter silence, Johan could not fall asleep, he was too busy thinking of his best friend, the meaning of the tingly feeling in the bottom of his stomach when she snuggled in closer to him, seeking comfort, the possibility of her being more than "Chris, his best friend since seventh grade" and becoming "Christine, his girlfriend since freshman year".