Peter Parker- Hearts Far From Home P.1

Reader is an honorary Avenger like Peter, but her superhero alias, "Ivy" is less known, elusive and has yet to gain popularity like Spider-man. As shown with her name, Ivy has plant manipulation, and a bonus, healing, glowing hair (yes I did steal from Tangled and Sky High.)

2018

I sit on the bus on the way to the Museum of Modern Art, Peter next to me and Ned in front of us. I glance around me and try a small plant manipulation. Someone had spilled sunflower seeds on the bus and I was doing my best to rejuvenate it and cause it to grow without any dirt or water. Peter quickly nudges Ned, ultimately slapping his face a bit. "Ned, hey, I need you to cause a distraction." I glance up from my successful attempt at growing new life to see what has gotten Peter all riled up. Just as Peter gives me a glance and a nod, Ned yells, "We're all gonna die!" Peter unlocks the emergency exit, and slides out. I secure my domino mask and call to the plant life around me to make my suit. I'm certainly glad I braided my hair this morning since there's another attack on New York.

Peter is in costume by the time I tuck and roll on the road. He swings us near the danger and newest alien life entering the Earth's atmosphere since his mode of transportation is better for long distances. When we get there, the fight has already started. I see Mr. Stark, and some man in a sentient cape. Mr. Stark almost gets hit by the metal thing, but Peter stops it with his strength, as I use my powers to grow roots and plants around the thing, keeping it from moving for the time being. The thing grabs Peter and throws him, sending me onto auto-pilot, I grow a bed of sponge like plants to break his fall. "Hey, Mr. Stark, who are these guys?" I shout around the chaos. "Uh. He's from space, he came here to steal a necklace from a wizard." The thing has since torn his metal claw/ax from my work and has once again swung Peter away from the scene, going after Mr. Stark still.

Mr. Stark shoots his beams at the creature's shield, and I do my best to use the plant life in the park to subdue it. Peter webs a car at the thing as the sentient cape goes flying past. "Kids, that's the wizard, get on it." My best friend slings himself after the wizard and I stay behind helping defeat this thing that clearly has a vendetta against the great Tony Stark. "Sorry dude, but can you seriously stop trying to kill my male mentor? That'd mean so much to my best friend over there." I push harder than ever before and start using tree roots securing his feet to the ground that lays beneath us. Each time I think I've got it started, it rips its feet out and growls at the Earth. "What, don't like my garden? I think it likes you!" I see a light come down a bit downtown and take someone or something up with it. "Peter!" I sprint, using tree trunks to run over the debris and make sure they're not taking my best friend and the boy I love away. I let myself sigh in relief to see Peter on the light post holding onto the wizard. The lamppost comes free of the cement and Spidey is lifted off the ground. "Uh, Mr. Stark, I'm being beamed up!" I throw vines upon vines onto Peter grounding him once again. "NOT ON MY WATCH!" I growl. This keeps him with me until the tractor beam is too much for my little plants and he is up again. I tether myself to the vines that still linger on him, I can't let him go alone.

We hold onto the ship, realizing it isn't stopping anytime soon too late. "Mr. Stark. Tony. Can't. Breathe. Help." We gasp, praying to whatever is up there that there will be rescue. Peter becomes too deprived of oxygen to grasp the ship any longer and falls. With the last breath I will probably take I scream, "Peter!" Just as I reach out to grab him back to me, something else intercepts him, nanobots covering him in an iron suit. As my vision fades, another one reaches me. All of a sudden I can breathe again, but not before my lungs being stopped seeing my Peter almost fall off the ship. He regains his balance and stands on the ship. I hear him shout "Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here!" I see Iron Man fly up to us from our perch and tell us "Happy trails kids! F.R.I.D.A.Y, R.O.S.E, send them home." Parachutes billow behind us and I hear a frustrated "Oh, come on!" as we're both thrown from the ship.

I twist and turn before Peter webs me over to him and onto the side of the ship. "Listen to me Y/N, I don't want you getting hurt. I have to help out. You can't be friendly neighborhood spider man if there's no neighborhood to protect. You don't have to stay with me if you don't want, but I'm not going back home until this is all over." I look at him, a soft smile under my mask, "Peter, it's my neighborhood too. I'm not leaving you, not ever. Even when the shit hits the fan." He nods at me and we stow away on the ship.