Jack Kelly x Baker!Reader

"Some Jackie boy Kelly trying to flirt up the stoic baker's daughter close by?"

Alright, I literally dreamed about this. I am a southern author, so some of my dialogue reflects that as well as the references I make or the things I mention in my writing. Can you tell that I love baking and making desserts?

"Daddy, I'm gonna make some more beignets in the back before we open. I'll be right back." I walk to the back of our small bakery in the heart of Manhattan. Our sign reads "Southern Delights", and our wares reflect the southern goodies that frequented every bakery back home. I fry the dough and shower them in sweet sugar snow. The bell rings not long after the door is unlocked. "I'll be right with y'all!" I shout from the back. I toss the rest of the fried dough on the bed of cloth to remove the access oil. Plating them with powdered sugar I wipe my hands on my apron and head out to the store front.

"Hey, how can I help you?" I smooth my apron out and glance up to see one of the newsies that hawk papers on the corner next to our bakery. Smirking, he leans against the counter, smudging the glass I spent half an hour cleaning fingerprints and crumbs off of. Great. "Well, I came in here looking for a little something sugary, but it looks like I's found the sweetest thing here, the name is Jack. Jack Kelly." I am not moved by the unimpressive pick-up line but I remember Momma saying "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar, sugar.", I put my sweetest southern smile on and turn to the newsie. "Well, aren't you sweet as pie. What can I get for you sugar?" He peers into the glass panels of the counter, looking a bit indecisive. "Well, Sugar, I suggest a beignet. It's like a doughnut, but better. And I personally prefer Hot Chocolate with it." His eyes light up at the sound of something warm. He opens his mouth to order, or to flirt more, until Daddy comes in from the back. Big and tall and southern to boot. I turn to my father. "Daddy, it's all good. I've got this handled. Could you do me a favor and check mommas pie in the oven? I don't want it to burn." Nodding at me, Daddy goes back into the kitchen. "Sorry about him. I'm his baby girl, over-protective. Now, where were we? Beignets with hot chocolate?" Swallowing he nods his head. He gives me the money, and I give him the fresh plate of pastries. "I'll get that hot chocolate out soon as I can." I serve him, and he leaves. I thought that would be the last I'd see of him for a while. But I didn't think that he'd be back the next day.

"Hey there Doll, how're we doing today?" and the next, "Hey, I'll bet anything that your lips taste sweeter than anything in your shop." and the next. It went on for about a week until one day he came in at the wrong time. The bakery was filled with customers. Items were selling out, the line stretched around the room. It was too much. Jack was finally up, but before he could even open his mouth, I held up my hand. "Please Jack, not today. I can't take the flirting and everyone here. Just please order so I can usher these people out of here before things get insane." His brows crease and I can almost see the idea popping into his head. He hops the counter and grabs the spare apron. He turns to me with the biggest grin on his face. "Alright Boss, no flirting today. I'm here to help. What can I say, I love handling sweet things, can't wait to handle you." Rolling my eyes, I don't have time to kick him out. "Alright Jack. This is a Jelly Roll, this is a Chocolate Croissant, Cobbler, peach, apple and cherry, Banana Cream Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pound Cake, you know what beignets are, and Momma's Mile High Apple Pie. Got it?" He nods and grabs the wax paper. Seeing me handle goods several times. We work surprisingly well, I call an order and he grabs the food asked for. We shuffle through the customers at twice the speed I do.

I clean the counters as he sweeps up. "Alright Jack, thank you. I really appreciate the gesture. Whatever you want to take home tonight, it's on the house." Smirking he makes a big show of scrutinizing every single item in the counter. "Hmmm, these all look sweet, but I think I'm going to want a specialty order." I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah? And what's that?" He backs me into the counter and smirks before responding: "You." With that he captures my lips in a sweet but searing kiss. When we break to breathe, he smiles and says "Yep. I was right. Your lips do taste sweeter than anything in the shop."