Chapter 87

First of all thanks for all the votes, comments and reads, it's much appreciated. I also want to apologise for the very long wait this time. It's been crazy hectic at work sometimes working 60 hours a week and when I get home I don't have much energy left to re-edit and stuff like that. But I did my best this weekend. I hope you guys will like the first chapter of Alex and Amelia on tour as well as the outfit I put together. Please do let me know below. 

"You okay?" Alex asked her as soon as the door closed to their car as she turned to him and tried very hard to keep the tears at bay, it wouldn't do well to mess her makeup and lookup. Alex could see that she was having real tough time and he didn't really know what had happened, he only knew a little but it seemed that the young boy had touched Amelia's heart in such a way that had her in tears and the boy hugging his wife.

"He just reminded me so much of you, Ethan and Milan and then I just connected, I really want to stay in touch, I know I can't stay in touch with all the children I meet, but there was something about this little one Alex. He lost his mum and he was so sad, it reminded me of Ethan's depression. I just want to make sure that he's alright." she started to rant off at her husband as he took her hand in his, they knew they hadn't long since the drive was short and he would talk to her about it later. But he knew and had seen the bond they'd quickly established apparently and he'd never stop her from reaching out to someone she had a bond with. Even he had several children from throughout the years he checked up on from time to time. So he could understand her need to do that and he would support her.

"Don't worry love, I know we can't connect and keep in touch with all children, but there will always be those that touch you more than others as James did to you. I would never stop you from that, I wish I could hold you and that you could let it out, but we have a job and we're almost there," he told her as she nodded her head in understanding as Alex gave her lips a quick peck. "We'll talk about it tonight alright?" he asked her as she nodded her head at him, just as the car stopped. Composing herself quickly she knew she couldn't be emotional anymore. She took a deep breath and slipped out of the car putting her smile back on and giving the crowds another wave, before joining her husband as they walked down the oldest street of St. John, a small market had been set up from stores and local specialities alike. And as they walked down the street, they tasted several things. and for someone like Amelia' who's taste palette had been pretty limited, a world had already opened to her since joining this family. but she had to admit that she wouldn't like everything she tasted, not that she could show it, she could only bear it and smile.

The visit lasted about an hour and a half and it was quick and efficient, they shook hands with locals that held stores or had their stands out, talked about what they did and what made their speciality so special to Newfoundland. Talking about their legacy and so on before retiring to their lodge, they were staying at for a quick change.

"You sure you're okay?" Alex asked her as they had a moment to themselves and he still worried about her. He'd been surprised to see her so far gone from the centre of the room but she'd taken to talking to everyone, even those who seemed to want to hide. Apparently, it had been because of the boy and when he'd heard he'd lost his mother and only had his grandparents anymore. Well, it wasn't hard to see why Amelia's heart had melted, he probably reminded her of herself with the link between grandparents and then having lost his mother probably reminded her of him.

"It's just so sad, I can't stop thinking about him, that little boy lost his mum and I know I should have given his grandparents some attention as well, they lost their daughter in that accident, but I couldn't help but take to the small boy." she said as he wrapped his arms around his arms, kissing the top of her head.

"And that's why I love you so much sweetheart, to see you so involved and compassionate and caring. it's only natural to get so touched by stories and I would never hold you back from reaching out to a child that touched you, I do to some you know that," he reassured her as she held onto him and he continued to comfort her.