Chapter 25

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads. I really appreciate it. This time I didn't wait as long I hope you like it. ;)

The final week of placement moved by in a flash and before she knew it, it was her final day here at dialysis. It was a hard goodbye in a way. So much happened whilst she'd been here during her placement. Her and Alex's relationship had been outed all over the world, the secret she wished to share with no one had been shared and was now public knowledge all over the world. Emotional wasn't even coming close to how she'd felt during this placement. The support she'd had here from het mentors and the patients as well, was something she wasn't forgetting any time soon and it was what made her goodbye so very hard as well.

"I promise to come by and that I'll be seeing you guys again." She promised, after thanking them perfused for all they had done for her and how much they had come to mean to her. Sure, certain people had done more than most, and those she cherished even more than the others and they would be finding a special thank you gift in their lockers. With Khen, the logistics guy who'd done so much for her as well, she'd been able to sneak thank you baskets in their locker rooms, so the others wouldn't know, or at least not when she was there.

And then it was back to school for her, three weeks left and then they'd start yet another placement. To say that her first day was unlike anything ever before was an understatement. Sure, many had seen her at the spaghetti evening Alex had shown up to, but very few had actually talked to her that evening. And Alex having shown up that evening had done nothing but add wood to the fire it had seemed. Her and Chloe had their talk the first day back, with her final week at placement it had been hard to find a moment. But she'd done it early when no one had been at school yet, but them. Explained that her actions ever since finding out about her and Alex had been anything but kind and how she had expected her to be.

But Chloe seemed to blame her for it all, that she was the selfish woman, not wanting her to find happiness with one of Alex's friends, not that many were still single, well except for a few.

When she told her that it was nothing like that, and that she needed to know when it was appropriate for her to ask to come along. That no one, except her family that one weekend had made their way to London yet and that she couldn't expect to be the third person in the relationship between her and Alex. To say that the conversation had ended badly was an understatement, by the time they were finished, Chloe had been yelling and screaming to Amelia and by then the school had already started fill. It had been a nice first day back, certainly not when all eyes were already on you and then Chloe screamed that she was a bitch and that dating Alex had changed her already beyond repairs and that she didn't even want to be her friend anymore. Then such a selfish person wasn't worth her time. To say that it left Amelia steaming would be an understatement.

That had only been the start of the day, when she'd finally entered her classroom, everyone else had wanted to know as to why she'd kept something like that from them. Like they had any business with what she did in her private time. Whens he pointed that one out, they pointed out that they wouldn't have given her such a hard time about leaving earlier or arriving late on Monday mornings.

When she pointed out that if they had been real friends and had really cared about her, they wouldn't have done it in the first place, well things exploded again. For the rest of the day, she stuck to her friends she knew she could trust, Amber, Steven and Fleur. That was it, she didn't care about anyone else and when in the afternoon she had to work together with someone else, she did her job, did her part of the assignment and that was it.

Why should she have to explain herself, her relationship existed of her and Alex, and no one else and except for those she cared about, she couldn't care less what they thought about her keeping them in the dark about it.