Chapter 10

Thanks for the votes, comments and reads. I hope you'll love the next chapter.

"They like you," Alex whispered as they got into their bedroom for their stay in Scotland. "Yea?" she asked him a bit uncertain, turning around on her heels to look at Alex as he stalked his way up to her. "I'm more than sure love, they wouldn't have offered to go for a ride if they hadn't liked you believe me," he whispered, a smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around her middle, resting his chin on top of her head as he felt her arms locking around his neck.

"I like them as well, their lovely people," Amelia whispered, looking up at Alex as he smiled down at her, his hands intertwined at the small of her back as he nudged her nose. "It's a relief that you'll be getting along then." he sighed, happy that his father and Camilla had accepted her. It was a great start, now she'd have to win over the rest of their family. He had no doubt that she would do just that if she got over her nerves as she'd done earlier.

****

"Oh my, she's beautiful," Amelia whispered as Alex introduced her to the horse she'd be riding through Balmoral estate. "She's a gentle soul, you'll be fine with her," Alex reassured her as they stood in the stables of Balmoral castle. She'd been a bit afraid of coming here, she feared running into any more members of Alex' family. She was getting used to Charles and Camilla, so she'd rather go easy than meet his entire family at once. Of course, she wanted to meet them all, but at a steady pace. And being in the stables of Balmoral Castle, there was a big chance of anyone walking in. Seeing as this family loved to ride and most of Alex' family was here currently.

"Come on how about we get them ready," he whispered, as he went in the stable of his horse here in Scotland, a dark bay stallion and Amelia couldn't help but look back at him as she heard him trample. Impossante was a bit more relaxed as she simply walked beside her as they headed to the saddling place.

"He's a bit of a handful," Alex explained to his girlfriend as they started getting their horses ready. Two grooms were preparing his dad and Camilla's horses on the other side, they'd gone into the castle first. Something he wasn't going to throw at his girlfriend yet. She seemed much more relaxed to be stood there brushing her horse, before throwing the saddle over her horse's back. "Will you tighten the girth?" she asked, looking over her shoulder, back at Alex as he walked up to her, his arms snaking around her. He couldn't get enough off her, he always needed to have some sort of connection with her. "Of course sweetheart," he whispered as he tightened the girth for her, adding another hole than what she'd be able to do. "There you go love," he whispered, kissing the side of her head, but nearly jumped apart when they heard someone clearing their throat. Amelia ducked her full on blushing as she noticed Charles and Camilla having come in. Alex was only grinning happily at them as Amelia dug her elbow into his ribs.

***

"We ready?" Charles asked as he got on top of his horse as Alex helped Amelia getting on top of her own horse. "Yes." Amelia and Alex said as he leapt on his own horse and they followed after Charles and Camilla on their own horses. Their hands intertwined as they rode their horses beside each other. Looking around they rode in front of Balmoral castle and it was a stunning looking castle, Amelia agreed. "Is that?" Amelia whispered when she noticed someone leaving the door as Alex looked towards the castle. "Gran," he told his girlfriend as he felt her hand squeeze his. "It's fine love, we're not getting there just yet, by the end of the week," he promised her as if that was making her nerves feel any lessened.

"First we've got William and Kate tonight, we're going to the cottage they're using on the property," Alex explained to her as Amelia nodded her head, it seemed that each night he was going to be introducing her to someone else. Harry and Meghan, she wouldn't yet meet, since they were in Los Angeles, visiting her mother with their newborn daughter.