Chapter 43

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads, I appreciate it a lot. I hope all of you are still safe as well as your families.

For everyone else, those who hadn't been there it was more than surreal, Maksim had been more than intimidated by all of it, his girlfriend had been there already back when she'd been dating Niels. A week later they had met and started to interact together, so he hadn't been there. When the invite had come from Alex, with the idea of doing a surprise party for Amelia's 25th birthday.

And of course, all of them had gone along with it, but when they'd appeared at the palace where Amelia spent her holidays and weekends. Sure, he'd seen Alex and realized that he was a prince, a future king of England, and a member of the most famous royal family. But when they met, he couldn't really put two and two together. Until he'd driven through the gate of Kensington Palace, now he really was a prince, he was at a palace. Amelia and Alex had gone away, because all of them needed to arrive without Amelia knowing.

The butler, Michael had welcomed them at the apartment as it was called off Alex, and they'd settled in, it was a crazy thought alone that he was currently at a Palace, let alone would sleep there. It was starting to put Alex and the prince in his mind together and when he'd seen them enter the venue of the party. They'd arrived, dressed up to the nines, diamonds on Amelia's arm and ears in a gown and she looked like a princess. It was a crazy thought that he was dating and in love with her sister and that he would one day become family of her and an in law of the royal family. How did one wrap his mind around that?

And it was the same for most of the people that hadn't been in London in this capacity. Seeing Amelia mingling with the royals present at the party, the aristocrats at the party and Alex's famous friends. It was surreal and it was also a realization as well, that this was Amelia's new life, a life she'd led away from their lives in Belgium. Slowly she was preparing here for her life as a future royal, interacting with Alex's friends and preparing for their lives together. And it was a realization to hit them, and it was more than what they could have realized back in Belgium.

****

"I never thought that I'd go to the theatre with this many people." Amelia explained to Alex as they got out of the car at the back entrance. Everyone else was going to go through the front entrance of the theatre, but they weren't ready to get out for their second time just yet. They wanted their relationship to be theirs for a little while longer. Which meant going in through the back entrance.

Something she was just fine with and she was used to it by now as they got out of the car.

"I thought it would be a nice surprise for your family and friends love, they've all come this way for the weekend and your birthday, the least I could do was make sure that they enjoyed themselves here in London." He explained to her as they started to follow the one escorting them to their seats at the theatre.

"I know, and I'm glad you've thought of them as such." She told him, squeezing his hand in her as she went to take up the steps to the upper ring where her friends and family were already sat.

"You always take the side or back entrance?" Laure teased her as she squinted her eyes at her younger sister as Alex let out a small chuckle.

"I usually sneak out the back, but if we want to keep our relationship hidden for a bit longer, we do sneak out the back." Alex explained to her sister as he let Amelia move into the first row as they were in a pretty darkened room, just the way they needed it to be at the moment.

The last thing they needed right now was a picture of them going out of the Lion King musical in London. There were already rumors about her being in London, there hadn't been any pictures of her yet, but she'd been spotted with Pippa as they'd gone to the flower market and had their tea and scones at the café. But it was all that it was, just rumors and she wanted it to stay like that.