Chapter 46

Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments.

Sat on the train on their way to London, Amelia stared out the window, she was so familiar with the scenery that they'd pass by. Every unique mark telling her how much longer they would be on the train for and how long it would be before she saw Alex again.

"Won't you use the time to study some more?" Amber wondered from opposite of her as they sat on the train together, it was odd, for so long she'd travelled alone to London, it had been her time, to enjoy some peace and quiet to reflect on things that had happened back in Belgium or London. Though it was nice to have a companion now on her journeys, once in a while she still wished to be alone, to have her thoughts to herself.

"I can't study right now," Amelia noted as she kept on looking out to the passing scenery, knowing every mark and house by heart now. She'd taken this journey so many times, she'd actually lost count of it.

"Aren't you used to this scenery and route yet?" Amber teased her, when Amelia turned her attention back to her with a small smile on her face

"The opposite in fact." She sighed, resting her hand on her first.

"I'm too familiar with this route, I know the people who take this train often, I know the staff better than some people running it probably, I know everything by heart, it's familiar and soothing at the same time." Amelia tried to explain to her, crossing her legs at the knee, before starting to play with the bottle of water between them.

"You look like you've got a million thoughts going on." Amber noted, she knew that Amelia would get this look often and more so recently, ever since finding Alex. The look in her eyes signaled anyone around her that she had a million thoughts going through her mind.

"I do, to many. I feel like my heads already in London and I'm left here running to catch up with it." Amelia admitted to her with an amused tone as she gave her a soft smile.

She couldn't imagine being in Amelia's place, her future already planned and yet filled with so many uncertainties. It was pretty sure that she would marry her current boyfriend, Prince Alexander of Wales, but when? How would her live look like after marriage? How would she handle not only marriage but everything that came with this rather unique marriage? She didn't know how her friend did it, handle the pressures she must feel all the time now.

"What's on your mind?" Amber wondered, closing her binder in her lap, knowing she wouldn't be able to study much with Amelia sat in front of her like that.

"Were you aware that Nancy asked me to do the commemoration speech at graduation?" Amelia asked her friend as Amber shook her head, stunned to hear this new piece of information.

"But in a way it does make sense they ask you. You're the best student of our year, I'm pretty sure the best student across our five campuses" Amber pointed out, she had no doubt about it actually. Not only had Amelia the brilliant ability to just read and remember. But she understood what she read in such a quick manner; it made her able to explain things from so many perspectives that had often helped them out when they couldn't catch what the teacher was talking about.

"It doesn't matter who's the best student." She told her with a small shake of her head.

"Yes, I'm brilliant when it comes to theory and texts and studying. But less so when it comes to proving my worth at placements. You're way better at that than I am." She explained to her with a small tilt of her head.

"Still Amelia, you have a way with words, you can inspire and motivate people. You were the person to inspire and motivate us, to lift us up when we wanted to give up during those three years. If I'd have one person to inspire us one more time before we graduate, it would be you." Amber explained to her and her words couldn't have been truer to her at least and she knew that their classmates would agree as well.