Chapter 9

Thanks for all the votes and comments, it really means a lot, I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

"Nervous?" Alex asked as Amelia let out a heavy sigh, her grandparents had gone to her mum's for dinner so that they had the house to themselves. They' invited her friends over, they weren't going to risk going to a restaurant. So Amelia had been cooking since she'd come back from her mum and had only finished getting ready five minutes ago. "A little, sure Chloe knows, but Sophie, Fleur and Steven don't," she told him with a shake of her head. "I'm glad Jules knows from last night as well," she added with a heavy sigh. Her friends would be happy as long as it made her happy, but still. It wasn't an easy thing to be telling them this.

"You're going to be fine," he whispered, running his hands up and down her arms as he felt her relax against him. "Hiding in Africa was easier you know." she noted, leaning her head against his shoulder as she let out a snort, before nodding his head. "no doubt about it. we could run off, I'll abdicate and we can hide for the rest of our lives." he told her as she let out a chuckle, feeling her shoulders relax a little at that. Certainly when he started to massage her shoulders and she couldn't help but let out a little groan.

"God, don't stop." she sighed as he kissed the side of her neck. "Just relax beautiful." he whispered as she nodded her head. "there here," she whispered, noticing the car driving on through the window. "The question is are you ready?" she asked him, turning around in his arms as he nodded his head. "I'm excited to meet your friend. I know Chloe already and if they're all like her, well they're sure to keep me on my toes," he told her as she let out a small chuckle. "I can assure you, Chloe is the worst," she noted, tapping his chest as she reached up to kiss his lips.

Going outside hand in hand, they just made it when they reached the top of the small steep where the settable was waiting. Chloe giving her a knowing smile as she hugged her best friend. "Woman you look better than you've ever done." Chloe complemented, holding onto her upper arms. God, she barely recognised her, it was still Amelia, but the happiness she exuberated was enough to just look at them.

"I'm sure Alex is to blame for that." Chloe pointed out as she turned to look at her boyfriend by her side. "I'm doing my best." Alex told her as Chloe nodded her head before they greeted each other a bit more familiar since they knew each other. "guys, meet Alex, my boyfriend, Alex these are my friends, Chloe you already know, than we've got Steven, Fleur and Sophie." Amelia introduced them as she motioned to each one of them, before sitting down at the table. Chloe wasn't very subtle as she looked at her friends, waiting for them to figure it out who Amelia was dating, but the penny didn't seem to be dropping much.

"Want to help me?" she asked Alex as they went inside to go and get some things. And it left Chloe to give them a hint, she couldn't wait any longer. "You guys do know who she's dating right?" she asked them, looking at all three around her as they gave her a confused look as she dropped her head back with a groan. "Why don't you look up Alexander and England," she told them as they pulled their phones out and went on the lookout. "She's dating a prince?" Sophie called out as the others followed, one more stunned that the other.

"You're dating a Prince?" Fleur asked them as they came back out and both knew that Chloe had helped them come to the conclusion. "I am, the reason why I kept it from you guys for a bit." she explained to them as she nodded to Alex. "I hope you understand," she asked of them as she put the bowls on the table. "Anything said here, with you guys or about you will stay between us." Sophie pointed out as both Alex and Amelia gave them a grateful smile, it was that which they had wanted. To now surround themselves by people they trusted, the next step in their relationship. The next one would probably the world, but they knew that by then, the people they cared about the most would be aware of it, and they'd be able to count on them. After all, Amelia lived in Belgium and would for another year still till she finished school. It meant that Alex would be less able to protect her as if she lived in England. There he knew some people to keep them in line. Here, well he knew none and he was scared it was going to be like throwing her to the wolves.