Chapter 60

First of all how sad was the news we received on Friday, I think we all thought they'd be with us forever, he's been such a presence for everyone, always there on the Queen's side, supporting her, making her smile, toeing the line between funny and insulting at times, but what a great person he was, how supportive he was of his wife and Queen, I can only hope the family and The Queen is doing okay and that they find a way to move on from this, especially the Queen, but I can imagine that she's quite tired after the years she's had and that she finds away to go on for a couple more years. secondly Thanks for the reviews on the previous chapter, I hope you enjoy this chapter as well, it's the one all of you have been hoping for I guess so I hope I won't have let you down by it.

"Where are we?" Amelia chuckled in amusement as she looked through the window. The evening was just falling so, the sun setting over the horizon as twilight started to fill the air around them and she truly hoped she'd be able to see the Northern lights on her trip here, it's something that she'd always wished to see and she hoped her dream would come true on this trip here in Iceland, a place she'd always wanted to visit for the nature and it's raw beauty, still untouched by humans and their destructive manners at times.

"Why?" he asked her, looking at her, to see the joy and happiness on her face. Her eyes moving at the passing scenery and it wasn't even the most beautiful of what Iceland had to offer, he had a lot more planned, and for her to see the most stunning and beautiful places in this country and the fact that she looked so carefree for the first time in a while now, since her return from Peru, it warmed his heart that he could put her in that state again to not see the haunted look of what she'd seen over there.

And then there was the look of awe on her face, sure she loved England, he was always surprised of how much she loved his country and how much she knew about the land and it's history, but Iceland had always been a place she'd wanted to visit and she looked in awe now that's he was here, it really felt like they were on another place, the darkish sand and rock around them, the open space that seemed to go on forever, the only thing human made was the road they were driving on. It was funny in a way she was looking around so much and yet there was not much to see at the same time.

"We're just in the middle of nowhere Alex, look at that, there is no building in sight, only what nature intended to be there, rocks and what can barely be called grass." she told him, ending with a chuckle as she continued to let her eyes roam around them.

"True, it's truly amazing, it feels like we're all alone on this world now." he admitted, well they basically were except for Taylor behind the wheel, driving them towards the hotel they'd be staying at. He'd never been to Iceland himself, it had been a place his agenda had always missed out on and there hadn't really been a need to come here either when he thought about it, until now. One of the most beautiful places on earth, a place his girlfriend had on her bucket list to see and he could see why, it was wild and open, pure and untouched and he didn't think a place like this could still exist.

Sure Britain had its stunning scenery, up North, in Wales, in Scotland, there were plenty of stunning places there as well. But he feared nothing would be able to compare with Iceland though, sights as far as the eye could see and nothing obscuring the views either.

"it is, I can't wait to see more of it, I'm nor sure if I'd want to see it now, or when the landscape is covered with snow or in the summer when it's all green." she admitted to him, turning in her boyfriend's direction as he tilted his head to the side.

Sure there were small patched of snow here and there between the small patches of grass here and there, a mixture between the two, he did wish to see it in all seasons as well. He suspected that this place could change from day to day, a truly wonderful and magical place. And though it was only early October, the weather had already turned cold and windy, if the weather by the airport was anything to go by of course.