Chapter 26

I hope you're all still okay, with Corona globally being back on the rise. Let's hope that they find a vaccine or cure very soon so we don't need to be afraid to meet up with family and loved one's. I hope this chapter can give you some escape to the reality we live in this year. 

Pushing himself upwards and away from Amelia, the moment ruined by George's announcement throughout the entire house. "I wanted to give you your Christmas present, that's why I asked Kate to send you up." He explained to her as he got up from the bed and headed towards one of the drawers in their room and she watched him pull out a black velvet box and she couldn't help but let her eyes widen unexpectedly and a bit shocked as well.

Seeing the alarmed look on his girlfriend's face as he returned to the bed, he let out a small chuckle. "Not that one yet love." He promised her as he leant down to kiss the top of her head, before going to sit beside her as he held the box in his palm for her to take.

Carefully with a slightly trembling hand she took it in her own hand, with a slight tremble, she pulled the box open and found a pair of earrings inside of it.

"They're beautiful." She gasped, they were truly stunning, and probably cost way too much, but she was slowly starting to learn that no matter how much she told Alex not to spend too much Money on her, he wouldn't hear her, it was his way of showing her how much he loved her he always pointed out. But at times she felt uncomfortable to a person where so much money was spent on.

"You really think so?" he asked a bit uncertain, he'd tried to find the right ones, but he didn't have any experience, or any know how about these sorts of things, the only thing he could hope for was that she liked what he'd bought her.

"Of course, they're stunning Alex." She whispered, running her fingers over the drop earrings he'd bought her. Two large purple stones, greener hued one's around it and finishing up with diamonds, or she at least assumed they were. They were truly stunning and a piece of art as she took her boyfriends' hand with one hand.

"I love them." She reassured him, putting the box beside them on the bed as she clasped the back of his head with her hand and pulled him closer so she could kiss his lips.

"The purple stones are Alexandrite and their one of June's birthstones." Alex started to explain to his girlfriend as she felt the tears come to her eyes, realizing the meaning behind them and how much thought he'd put in them.

"The month we became a couple." Amelia whispered, turning her head towards the earrings beside her in awe. Now they meant even more to her, not monetary, but emotionally and sentimentally.

"Exactly." He whispered to her, his chin resting on her shoulder again as he stared at her and she leant in to kiss his lips again.

"They're beautiful, thank you." She whispered again, cupping the back of his head, before pulling him closer to close the small gap between their lips.

"You're amazing you know that." She stated, starting to run her hand through his hair as he gave her a small smile, shrug of his shoulders and doubtful look in his eyes.

"I don't know about that." He said uncertain, looking down at their laps.

"You are." She reassured him, squeezing his hand in hers, before running her thumb back and forth on the back of his hand. Kissing his lips again, she rose up from the bed, to get his Christmas gift he'd bought her. She'd tried to put in as much thought as she could, she was one who wanted every gift to have a meaning, as much as she could do at least. Buying meaningful gifts for her boyfriend might be easier than buying a meaningful gift for Kate. But she enjoyed putting some thoughts into buying gifts. In order to pull of this gift, her love for history and myths and storytelling had certainly helped and she could only hope that he liked his gift.