Chapter 72

Thanks for all the votes, reads and comments on the previous chapter, I really appreciate it.

After basically touring the town for the day that she already knew inside and out, they were finally able to arrive at her grandparent's place. It had been a busy and hectic day to say the least, and it was trouble when you knew so much of the places you were going to in the first place. It had been nice to see and visit the town as well, and certainly because she could rub it in a couple of faces. It had been quite entertaining to see the annoyed looks on their faces.

"So how was the visit?" Her gran teased her in amusement as they entered the house of her grandparents.

"It went alright, better than I expected since I already know most of the town." Amelia quipped as she shrugged out of her coat and went to sit down next to her grandfather.

"You really did an amazing job, Amelia. Everyone loves you. You may not have heard the comments, but we certainly have." Her grandfather assured her with a proud smile on his face, he had no idea how she would do it, how did one in her position work on this. They'd seen the coverage of them going through Belgium and he was truly amazed at how easy she made it look, he could never figure out how she was able to remain as calm as she was and how easy looking, she made it.

"So, are you coming over for Christmas?" Her gran wondered as she nodded her head at her gran. Of course, she was coming over for Christmas, in a couple of weeks' times, it would be her final Christmas that she got to spend with her family as well as William and Kate had done twice before. But for most of the time, they would be expected to attend Christmas at Sandringham, even now she'd received an invite, but she preferred spending it with her own family now that she was still able to do it. So for one more year, she would take pleasure in being able to spend it with her family and just keeping it lowkey.

"Just wondering." She told her as she gave her a small smile.

"I'm going to be here for Christmas, don't worry. And it won't be our last either. You can always come over to the UK for future Christmases so that we can spend it together in some way still." Amelia tried to reassure her, she knew her family was worried that one day she would forget about the, but she'd never forget any of them, not her family and not her friends. How could she ever even do that after all they had done for her?

"Gran, I'll never forget about any of you guys, no matter how busy my life will become, I'll always make time for all of you." Amelia tried to reassure them as she watched Alex gave her a knowing look as he nodded his head at her. He knew that her family was worried about that, but he wanted to make sure that they found the right balance so that they could include her family and still make them a part of their life, he wouldn't make the mistakes that had been made in the past.

He wanted to make that work, yes, they were royals, but they would still be her family and they would become his family as well. He never wanted her family to feel like they were less, or that they would be excluded out of her life, he'd heard stories of how his mother had been alienated, back in the time when it was the normal way to go about it, once you marry in the royals, you wouldn't see your family as often and he never wanted that to happen. Her friends and family were so important to her, and he knew that it was important for her to have them when she would be living a life inside a fishbowl.

Since getting to know Amelia and her family, they had become a place of solace for him as well. The place where he knew it was okay for him to be himself, without having to worry that anything would get out about him. He'd found what William had found in the Middleton's and he couldn't be happier because of it. And because of that, he never wanted them or Amelia to feel like they should say goodbye to one another, required to live their lives separate from each other.

What If?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara