(Ouma x Saihara) Break The Cycle

Start from the beginning

"I have a-amnesia?" the boy said shocked himself. Celeste looked over at him and nodded.

"Yeah...I'm your old cousin, Celestia Lundenburg." she smiled. Ouma then looked over at Shuichi. Shuichi looked back at those innocent purple eyes and felt his body get washed over with the cold feeling of guilt.

"And who are you?" he asked. Shuichi stared at him for a moment.

"I...Shuichi Saihara...I'm your classmates." Even those words were hard enough for him to say. Ouma nodded.

"If I may, I'd like to talk with you two for just a minute." the doctor stated. The two of them left the room, Celeste smiling at Kokichi before leaving. Ouma and her were quite close despite many differences between them although even she had no idea what transformed him before he got amnesia. Once outside the doctor sighed.

"He has to stay in the hospital for some amount of time to see if any other damage has been done. But it is likely his old memories will never return" he spoke. Shuichi simply zoned out. He couldn't believe this. Celestia slowly patted him on the back.

"Shuichi it's-" Shuichi flinched and moved away as soon as her hand made contact with his shoulder. He let out a shaky breath.

"I... I'm gonna go" he simply said before running out of the hospital.

It was his fault Ouma was like this.

His fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shuichi didn't visit Ouma for the rest of his stay in the hospital

It felt too painful, knowing he was responsible. Kokichi stayed in the hospital for a while and then stayed at home to adjust for a while before finally returning to school. But there was an issue.

Ouma's personality was no longer that of a serial prankster. The reason he was that way previously was because of bullying but since he didn't remember he used to be bullied his old persona with maybe a few of his trickster characteristics was otherwise back.

But just because you forgot doesn't mean the others will.

Some would even do the opposite.

Ouma not remembering meant he was just as vulnerable as before so they now felt confident enough to bully him again. Shuichi stared as Ouma was bullied yet again, how the cycle was repeating, how he was respons-

"SHUICHI!"

"Wha-!" Shuichi snapped out realizing he got lost in his thoughts again. Kaito was staring at him along with Maki.

"School's over so Maki and I thought we'd go to the movies. Do you wanna tag along?" Kaito asked. Shuichi hesitated before shaking his head. "I actually volunteered for an additional biology project and I'd like to get a fresh start" he lied. He didn't feel like hanging out today.

 "Oh that's okay. We can always go tomorrow. See ya around sidekick!" He said before walking out of the room with Harukawa.

Shuichi sighed as he packed up his bag and left the classroom. He continued to get lost in his thoughts and go down the staircase when...

"YOU DUMB PURPLE PIG"

Shuichi peered over the railing of the staircase to notice that in the small space behind the stairs two boys and one girl were kicking the crap out of someone he quickly realized was Ouma. The boy was on the ground, curled up and protecting his face with his arms. A thought of helping him crossed his mind.