➪brian kelly

you went over to your best friend brian's house like you do everyday

you went over to your best friend brian's house like you do everyday. although his parents knew and liked you, you still "snuck in" through the window almost every time.

"hey y/n." brian said through a mouthful of food as you made your way through the window.

"ew, finish chewing before talking to me, thank you."

brian rolled his eyes and chewed with his mouth open to annoy you.

"ughhh come on, kelly. or i'm leaving!"

"ok, ok. i'm done! jeez." he mumbled and continued eating his sandwich. he didn't dare risk you leaving.

"so. homecoming is coming up. you going with anyone?" you tried to casually bring up.

truth be told, brian wanted to ask you to homecoming, he was just afraid you were already going with someone. i mean, someone as good looking as you without a date the week before homecoming? no way.

"oh, uh, i don't know if i'm going. not really my scene. the guys and i were thinking of just skating."

"of course you guys were." you sighed. truth be told, you had been hoping brian would ask you to go with him, even if it wasn't 'his scene', or even him asking you to go somewhere else instead, as long as it was with him. see, being in love with your best friend means you don't care how you spend time together, as long as it is in fact together. of course you liked him as more than best friends, it's brian. kelly. how could you not?

"um, what about you? who's your date?" he said, saying "date" as if it was a word he hated.

"whyd you say it like that?" you asked, standing up from Vinh's bed.

"say what like how?" he asked playing dumb.

" 'date'. you said it... weird."

"uh, no i didn't." he countered.

"uh, yes, you did. you know what, never mind. i actually don't have a date. uh, yet. i guess."

"really?" brian asked.

"yeah..?"

"huh" he said to himself, chewing a bite of his sandwich.

there was a slightly uncomfortable silence for a few seconds until brian spoke up.

"well, uh, if you're alright skipping homecoming, you can come with me and the other guys wherever we go. you don't have to skate, just hang out?" his voice shook from nervousness with some words, even though you hung around with these guys all the time, he was still nervous; he was asking you to skip homecoming to hang out with him.

"yeah, sure. i'd love to" you smiled at him.

"great." he smiled back just as wide.

______

so this kinda sucked lol idk i had an idea for it but the second i started writing i just completely forgot so i just kinda wung it (i winged it? wung it? wtf??)  i also didn't know how to end it

i wrote everything above awhile ago, like in september 2020, but i kept it in my drafts for so long. and i'm even reluctant about publishing it now cause rereading it, it's pretty similar to the sam weir one i recently published. but whatever ¯\_()_/¯ i love me some blonde christian slater, hes so underrated :,)

sincerely yours,
E