➪sam weir

"hey sam!" you said with a wave as you passed him in the hall where he was walking with his friends bill and neal

"oh, uh, hey y/n!" sam greeted nervously and unsure if you were addressing him, or another sam standing somewhere behind him.

after you were out of earshot, sam excitedly said to his friends on either side of him, "guys, i think she might like me back! she's been saying hi to me a lot lately! you know, i think i should ask her to homecoming, she might even say 'yes'!"

neal found the easiest way to break it to sam by saying, "sam, the dance is tomorrow. she's a cheerleader, you've seen star wars 27 times. you do the math."

"yeah, you're right. she's too good for me, no way she likes me."

"i don't know, there's still a chance that maybe, just maybe, y/n's date could get sick tonight and not take her to homecoming tomorrow, therefore giving sam a chance to at least have one dance with her." bill said as they turned a corner, approaching their next class.

"that my friends is false hope. listen, she has a date and it's not sam, get over it." neal said exhaustedly, wanting to support his friend but knowing he couldn't let sam get too excited because y/n was so out of his league.

"well, we don't know she has a date." sam said wish more false hope. "yeah, i guess you're right."

"thank you." neal said as they made their way to their seats, sam arguing with himself in his head about how he would treat you better than any other guy without a doubt, all he needed was a chance to prove it to you. but of course, since y/n almost definitely already had a date to homecoming, he wouldn't get a chance.

the thing that sam didn't know was that y/n had starting like-liking sam after one of her friends told her that he had a huge crush on her. even though her friends made fun of how sam didn't stand a chance, being a geek, she felt flattered and defended him, and from that point on sam began consuming her thoughts.

y/n was good about keeping the crush to herself, but when several of the basketball players began asking her to homecoming and she declined all the offers without merely glancing in their direction, her friend cindy, who was on the cheer team with her and was her best friend since grade school, became confused. cindy started pestering y/n, asking over and over again why she said no to all the "cute" boys. she came to the conclusion by herself that it was because y/n had her eyes on someone else who hadn't yet asked her.

"oh my god! y/n, who is it? who's the boy you like? is he cute? oh, i'm sure he's cute, he's got you blushing like crazy!"

y/n let it slip that it was sam, and immediately cindy gave her approval, "he's a geek, but he's one of the better geeks. he's cute, so i guess you could go with him to homecoming. most people would think it's a charity thing but, you know, you do you!"