➪daniel desario

"hey daniel

"hey daniel." you greeted as you sat across from your friend.

"hey y/n, what's happening?" he greeted back.

"proms happening, and no one will shut up about it!" you complained.

he laughed at your complaints. "why're you so pissy about it?"

"mostly because everyone is getting asked out and i'm over here being reminded i'm single."

as if on cue, a senior in your second period got up from their seat and went down on one knee, asking the girl in front of him to prom. she said yes, and he stood up and pulled her into a kiss, picking her up and spinning her in that time. the other students at the table clapped, but all you did was roll your eyes, then turned to see daniel in front of you looking at them weirdly and judgingly.

"it's only prom, not marriage." he pointed out, looking back towards you.

"yeah, i mean, come on."

"all you gotta do is ask the question, you don't need a big gesture to go with it... right?" he asked, seeing if that's what you wanted or not, because he didn't want to get laughed at if he simply asked you if you'd go with him. he had been overthinking how to ask you for the past week, unsure if the fact that you were both pretty close friends would make you laugh in his face and say you two would never happen.

"i guess it's different with each person. i, personally, couldn't care less how i'm asked."

"wanna go to prom with me, then?" he asked, trying his best to sound nonchalant as he took a bite of his lunch.

you started nervously laughing, but only because you thought he was kidding and you had had a crush on daniel, so if you said yes and he was joking, the secret of you liking him that you had been desperately trying to keep secret would be known. (i feel like this doesn't make sense but i keep rewriting it and this is the best way to put it?)

"that's funny, dan. dan...iel. danny. i don't know why i'm calling you that, i've only ever called you daniel. who put you up to this? was it ken? oh, it was totally ken. you know, i should probably go, i have... i don't quite know what i have but i should be going. bye danny! shit, i mean daniel." you finished your rambling, standing up towards the end, and daniel kept his eyes trained on you the whole time, confused as to why you were acting so weird. he continued chewing his lunch and watching you walk away, knowing that because you thought he was kidding, he would have to ask again, and that because you were so nervous by his question, he might have a chance with you.

________

started writing this then halfway through remembered that the past two chapters were based around homecoming, i don't know why i've been writing to that theme but i'm gonna try to get away from it (unless people like reading it?? idk)

i made it to 1k reads!! thanks a bunch :)))

i have had a crazy past few weeks but i'm gonna try and write a bit more, so if you guys have any requests, i'd love to write em! thank you for reading, don't forget to vote because it's only a click but it's a click that makes a difference

i'm making no sense, so i'm gonna end it here. thanks for the reads!!

sincerely yours,
e