➪sam emerson

"(y/n), i don't think you truly understand just how bored i really am

"(y/n), i don't think you truly understand just how bored i really am." sam said through the phone.

"sam, i don't think you truly understand how much i don't care." you said, trying to finish making your sandwich while holding the phone against your ear with your shoulder. sam had called just as you got the bread, and because you had already committed to the sandwich and your stomach was growling, you continued making it as sam complained about being home alone. his grandpa had a date, his mother had a date, and even his older brother michael had a date.

sam was pissed and lonely. he was also rolling his eyes at just about every impatient remark you made, like the one just now.

"can you come over? edgar and alan have to work and i don't feel like hanging around them another day in a row. y'know, yesterday this girl was checking me out from outside the store and they scared her off! i don't even remember what they were saying, but she ran."

you rolled your eyes and felt your heart ache just a little bit, thinking about what might have happened if edward and alan hadn't scared the girl off.

as of recently, small things like this have been making you feel weird. for example, about a week prior, sam had bumped into a girl while you two were walking to your house from the boardwalk. there was a moment where they both paused and stared at each other, almost like in a movie, but then sam just smiled politely, said sorry, then kept walking. their small interaction had made you feel weird.

when you had a minute to yourself, you reflected on how this had happened many times quite frequently. while sam was admired by many wherever he went ever since he moved to santa carla, you had only recently been effected like this by it. you were feeling—as you finally figured out—jealous. but why? that's what you couldn't crack.

you remembered you were still on the phone with sam.

"huh, funny." you said, even though it wasn't funny in the slightest.

"right..." sam trailed off, a bit thrown off by how your mood changed so suddenly. "anyways, can you come over or not?"

you huffed as you stared longingly at your finished sandwich. "ok, fine. i'll be there in 20 minutes."

"alright!" he cheered before realizing something. "wait a minute, why 20? it only takes you 10 when you take the shortcut and you're on your bike."

"well, sam, i'm sorry but you are not my priority; i have a sandwich to eat. so, if you'll excuse me, i'll take my time eating my sandwich, thankyouverymuch, then bike to your place."

"are you seriously prioritizing food over your desperate and needy friend?" sam asked dramatically.

"yes," you answered before you hung up.

you took your time eating your sandwich. because you were anxious to get to sam, you rode your bike quickly in order to make up for the time it took you to eat said sandwich. by the time you made it to sams house, you were panting heavily.

"jeez, y/n. you're breathing like nanook! and it's only cute when he does it." sam said after opening the door for you.

"sam, i didn't even knock. were you waiting by the door for me?" you asked, trying to catch your breath as sam led your guys' way into the kitchen, where he gets you a glass of water while confidently saying, "i've been waiting for you to get here since we got off the phone. i'm really bored and really wanna hang out with you."

"i'm honored." you said, gulping the water down.

"you should be. so, what d'you wanna do?" he asked, sitting on the counter.

"are you kidding me, sam?" you scolded. "you begged me to come over and i finally did and you don't have the slightest clue as to what you wanna do?"

"uh... i feel like if i'm honest then you'll be mad, which i don't want." he said.

you rolled your eyes.

"i know! my grandpa finished stuffing this creepy squirrel yesterday, i really want you to see it." he said zealously, hopping off the counter and walking towards the room where his grandpa worked and held most of his dead stuffed animals.

"sick, does it have a bushy tail?" you asked as you laughed. you and sam had an inside joke about bushy tails on squirrels.

he laughed too, "you'll just have to see."

you reached sam's grandpas work space and he showed you the squirrel which made you two laugh a lot. you continued looking around at all the different animals as you two made jokes, storylines for the animals, and compared their looks to people you knew.

"hey sam, check it." you said, holding up a raccoon and making a face to try and match it.

sam looked your way and immediately started laughing, [gif] looking away before he grabbed a gopher and put it next to his face as he mocked it. this made you laugh, and the both of you fell into a laughing fit.

in this moment you were incredibly happy and knew it was because of sam. you had loved every minute of being his friend. still, a thought in the back of your mind kept you confused; did you like sam as more than a friend?

________________

i didn't really know how to end this 🤷 i hope you liked it? i know it's been awhile since i've published but i'm gonna try an update more frequently, but that mine mean shorter chapters.

also... i published my ff for the outsiders!! it's called remember me and it's on my page! i only have an intro chapter, a playlist chapter, and a prologue up. i think i'll publish chapter one on wednesday, so stay tuned! i really like what i have so far

anyways, hope you liked this

on my a/n chapter i didn't really get any feedback which kinda sucks so i guess i'm just gonna decide stuff on my own.

last thing: if you're reading my robin buckley ff and waiting for an update, ITS COMING SOON! I SWEAR! DEFINITELY BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH!

mmkay that's it, stay safe everyone

sincerely yours,
E