➪jonathan brandis [requested]

this was requested by @addsgraceharvey
i hope you enjoy it, and hopefully its close enough to the request!

________

"alright, i'll see you later then, johnny," you said as you smiled at your best friend.

"yeah, meet you by my locker after class. bye, addy!" he said as he turned the corner and walked to his next class, leaving you by your locker.

jonathan was your best friend and had been for many years. the two of you had a close friendship that many envied and some saw as an opportunity for messing around with one or both of you, but it seemed to usually be you.

there was one guy a grade above you that had been being mean to you pretty often as of recently. you hadn't told jonathan about him yet, since you didn't want him to worry, but you figured you would just tell him tonight when the two of you went to his house to watch some movies and spend time together.

you turned away from your locker, holding what you needed, but as soon as you turned around, your book and notebook had been slapped out of your grasp and onto the floor.

"hey, watch it!" you groaned, leaning down to pick up your things. you didn't realize it until you stood back up, but pete, your bully, was the one who had knocked them to the floor.

"oh, sorry about that. i just thought you liked bending over," he said, smirking in pride. you could tell he had been rehearsing that one.

"please just leave me alone," you said, trying to walk past him, but he mirrored your movements in order to not let you pass. "come on, you don't have anything better to do?"

"oh believe me, i have much better things to do than look at you, but i just don't feel like doing them yet. i figured i would remind you of how stupid and useless of a person you are, then—"

before he could continue, someone from behind him said, "hey, back off. leave her alone."

"i'm sorry, what?" pete asked rhetorically, turning around to face the person that defended you.

it was jonathan, standing there and glaring at the older guy. "you heard me. leave her alone or i'll kick your ass and tell everyone what you did in the locker room the other day."

pete had a short fearful expression on his face that faded to an angry one. "fine. waste of my time, anyway. but you tell anyone about what happened and i'll kill you both."

"uh-huh. and if you ever talk to addy again, or even look at her, i'll tell everyone," jonathan threatened.

pete walked away as he glared at the two of you, and you turned to jonathan.

"thanks. um, how'd you know he was messing with me?"

"i heard the books fall on the floor and turned back around. when i got closer, i heard your voice. and pete's," he said, rolling his eyes.

"oh. yeah, he's not fun," you said awkwardly, not sure what to say.

"you got that right. hey, has he been bullying you for long?" jonathan asked curiously.

"uh, yeah. i was gonna tell you, i just didn't know when."

"oh. well, if he ever messes with you again, just tell me. i'll protect you, take care of you, ruin his life..." he smirked and you looked at him confused.

"what did he do in the locker room?" you asked.

"nothing for you to worry about. but if he ever does anything again, just let me know. it's enough to have him afraid," he said mysteriously.

you laughed at him, and he joined you before saying, "come on, i'll walk you to class."

"my hero," you joked as the two of you started walking to your next class.

________

i hope it's alright, i wanted to make sure to publish not too long after the request came in.