➪ andie walsh

"hello?" andie picked her phone up after a long school day

"andie hun? it's me." the voice in the phone spoke.

"iona?" andie asked, confused why she would be calling minutes after Andie got home from her shift.

"yeah. anyways, you know that kid you like? what's their name... uh... y/n? yeah, y/n."

"yes, iona. of course i know y/n. why?" andie felt her heart rate speed up at the thought of y/n, who she has had a crush on since grade school.

"well, they came into the record store a few minutes ago with a few of their buddies. i heard them talkin, pretty loud whisperers. i heard them ask where you were and why you weren't here. i also heard y/n say they'd just ask you out tomorrow since you obviously weren't there. then—"

iona was cut off by andie screaming from excitement. [gif]

"jesus, kid, you're gonna make my ears bleed."

andie took a deep breath and put the phone back to her ear. "then what? cmon, don't leave me hanging like that."

"leave you hanging? you screamed in my ear. anyways, then their friends said they were just stalling from being shy from liking you so much."

andie heart sped up even more and she felt like she was in a dream. "really?"

"yeah. why would i lie to you? anyways, i gotta get back to work. see ya later, hun."

"yeah, bye." andie barely got out through shaky breaths.

she hung up the phone and screamed again. she couldnt believe it; y/n was going to ask her out? how was she supposed to fall asleep now.

______

i know this gif isn't from pretty in pink but whateva
also
i didn't know how to end this lol. iona and andie are kind of both ooc but like i hope it's still easy to read? idk. i tried keeping the readers gender ambiguous (along with my other imagines and stuff). i hope you liked it??

it's my birthday today so i felt like publishing :) and i was bullied into it

sincerely yours,
E