➪your choice

alright so this is a male x undefined gender reader (the narrator/yn isn't addressed by any specific pronoun), the male is an actor or musician or whatever.

i wrote this like four years ago and don't like it at all. i think i wrote it about rob lowe but then like stopped liking him so i made it so i could insert any guy. i might rewrite it because i kind of like the plot, but it's super cheesey and cringey and kind of all around bad. i also haven't edited it since like four years ago, i completely forgot i even wrote this but i found it when going through writing things of mine and figure why the hell not publish it, it's too cringe to keep to myself ☺️

(y/p) = your penis

JOKING

(y/p) = your person

_________________________

Your P.O.V.

After a long Thursday, (y/p) and I were walking home, where we've both lived next to each other our whole lives as the best of friends.

We passed by trees we've successfully and unsuccessfully climbed, streets we've ridden our bikes down, curbs we've sat and shared ice cream on after a harsh breakup or a hot summer day, street corners we've fought at (verbally and physically), patches of open land we'd played tag on and wrestled each other over who told the funniest joke in class, and even small things like houses we've trick-or-treated at when we were younger.

All these memories were returning, and I hadn't noticed the nostalgic and happy tears in my eyes until I felt warm streaks run down my cheeks.

(y/p) and I were graduating high school tomorrow, and I think, not-so-secretly, neither of us were emotionally prepared.

"Woah, what's wrong? (y/n), you're crying." He said this as if he was informing me, like I hadn't noticed. Which, to be fair, I hadn't until seconds before.

I let out a humorless, breathy laugh, and more tears filled my eyes. Hearing his voice somehow brought more memories, good and bad.

Then, the happy tears were beginning to fade and be overthrown by sad tears. I realized we'd be separated. We'd each be in different states, living out our futures. The longest we went without each other was 3 weeks and 2 days over the summer of sixth going into seventh grade. Other than that, (y/p) and I were inseparable. I also realized I would never get to tell him my long overdue love confession. Maybe that's a dramatic statement, but seriously, when would I be able to tell him face-to-face? There's no way I'd even think about doing it over the phone, either. Then again, I think it's better off I never told him. I mean, who just confesses that to their best friend? [ppl in wattpad stories.. okok sorry not sorry lol bye] I didn't wanna ruin our friendship, we were too close for me to ruin something so great so easily just because of some dumb feelings I had.

"Uhh... (y/n)?" I was brought back into reality and snapped out of my thoughts when I realized I hadn't responded yet.

"Um, yeah?" I already knowingly asked as I sniffled and slowed my crying.

"I asked what was wrong." His voice was soothing and sounded concerned.

We had stopped walking by now, and were facing each other, about a foot or two away from each other.

"C'mon, Honey, you can tell me anything." He'd always call me honey because I would eat spoonfuls of honey when we were younger and I would eat it on, I kid you not, everything. I laughed thinking of the memories. He smiled, too, knowing what I was remembering.

He brought his left hand to my right cheek and wiped a tear or two off. His hand was warm, and my body felt a rush of cold radiate from my cheek the second he removed his hand.