➪ ghostface

you heard a door shut upstairs, making you jump slightly, and it confirmed what the voice in the phone had just whispered in your ear

"oh.. my.. god," you whispered, forgetting the phone was still held against the side of your face and whoever was on the other line — whoever it was that had called to torment you — could hear you.

"god won't save you, y/n! now answer the question!" the killer said, yelling at the end.

"i- i don't... i don't know..." you answered, walking slowly to the front door of the house, making sure to keep a distance from every door in the hall that you passed, just to be safe.

"what do you mean you don't know? i know for a fact that you know your own favorite scary movie, now answer!" he growled in your ear, sending shivers down your spine yet again. when you first picked the phone up, you thought it was... attractive. but now, it was mostly — mostly — just scary. the attractiveness of the voice had been masked by knowing someone was in your house and ready to kill you.

"i don't know!" you said, raising your voice only slightly since you still were trying to keep your location in the house secret, assuming the killer didn't already know. "what- uh, what's your favorite scary movie? i mean, you have got to have one."

there was a short pause before the voice said, "i asked you first."

you rolled your eyes at the persons response.

"okay, well, i asked you second. now listen here, asshole: if you answer, i'll answer," you reasoned, standing your ground as the front door came into view, but so did the stairs that led to the second floor where the sound of the door shutting had come from.

the voice chuckled and your stomach turned.

"alright, alright. you're very easy to give in to, y/n."

"you better believe it," you said, ignoring the way you felt when your name was said. "now answer me, you prick."

you stayed put in the hallway, eyes on the door until you heard a noise come from upstairs, making you look at the stairs and consider that maybe the killer would reveal themself as you were trying to escape through the front door. maybe they didn't know where you were, and running now would reveal your location and put you in more danger.

"okay, alright! no need to name call..." the voice trailed off in a teasing tone. "my favorite movie, hmm..." the voice trailed off yet again, pretending to think about it.

"no," you interrupted the drawn out hmm. "your favorite scary movie."

"right," the voice said, sounding like they might've rolled their eyes in annoyance. "my favorite scary movie would have to be... the one where the girl goes upstairs..." the voice answered smartly, mocking the situation.

"that's not a scary movie," you said, "that's a thing that happens."

"not in this scary movie, right? because you know better...?"

you were confused, to say the least. it seemed more like the killer was trying to lead you upstairs, messing with you and tricking you into thinking it was safe upstairs. you decided to risk being in view of the stairs to get to the front door. you took a step and the voice spoke up.

"alright, i'd like to change my answer," the voice said quickly, as if trying to get an answer in on time.

"to what?" you asked quickly, taking more steps to the door until your hand was on the handle. your head was turned so you could see the staircase, still unsure.

"to that one where the killer catches up with the girl..." the voice trailed off, and you figured they were referring to catching up to you from running down the stairs. you unlocked the door in front of you. "you know, the one with the plot twist..."

you figured now or never, and began to quickly open the door just as the voice yelled in your ear, "where the killer is behind the door!"

you turned and in front of you was the killer, wearing a mask that seemed scarier when it was on someone you knew was ready to kill you and standing only a foot away.

you screamed as you dropped the phone, turning around to run to the back door, instead.

you heard running from behind you, until it seemed to turn a different direction. you slowed and turned, seeing no one behind you. it felt anticlimactic, but you weren't necessarily upset by that.

instead of running to the back door like your original plan, you pieced together that the killer could quite possibly have planned to cut you off there. so, you turned and ran back to the front door that had been left open.

you ran and nearly made it to the door before being tackled by the killer from your left.

you fell hard onto your right ride and you yelled in pain. your arm felt like it had been broken, if not at least fractured.

the killer straddled you, holding your legs down. you had your left arm cradling your broken arm, which made it easier for the masked jerk to hold your arms down with only their left arm. their right arm was busy raising a shiny knife over you.

you continued to groan in pain, looking up at the daunting mask as you wondered how death would feel.

the killer lowered the knife to your face, tracing your skin with the cold, sharp edge until it stopped under your chin.

"just get it over with," you said as best as you could without your jaw moving enough to get pierced by the blade.

whoever was behind the mask shook their head no quite slowly.

"dragged out deaths are so. fucking. overrated!" you yelled as you pulled your knee up to hit the killers back. it was not your brightest moment, since it got the knife to pierce the skin under your jaw.

the killer seemed very surprised and pulled the knife back quickly, looking at the small amount of blood on it. the killer loosened the grip on your arms while examining the knife, which you took advantage of. you pushed whoever it was off of you and brought your hand up to your neck. the gash wasn't too big and wouldn't kill you, but it for sure fucking hurt, especially when you pressed your hand against it. you started limping towards the door, quickly making your way out onto the deck.

you figured this was when the killer would make another move, like tackling you and launching you both over the stairs that led from the porch away from the house, so you turned around.

the killer was gone. there was some of your blood puddled on the floor, and even the phone you had been communicating with was a foot or two away, but no one wearing a mask and gripping a knife chasing after you.

you took advantage of this and began running away from the house. you lived close to a friend of yours and decided to run there, knowing you would be safe and able to call the police.

________

this is my first imagine i've written for the scream movies :))) i've got a few others in the works, like randy, billy & stu, and mickey...

how does that sound? also, i think im going to make a part 2 for this one...

but anyways i saw scream 5 the other day, and it was better than i thought it was going to be. it got me inspired to write for some of the characters from the original movies, so here we are :)

hopefully you liked this, and hopefully you're prepared for more scream imagines...

also, just for the hell of it:

what's you favorite scary movie?