Glow

Zarah

It's been a few weeks since Dallas and I had sex and I feel like a new woman. Did I have regrets and doubts the next morning, absolutely, but since then nothing happened between us. He went to file for divorce the day after, but that wasn't going to make me be in a relationship with him. There was just things I couldn't get over when it came to him and I don't think I ever would. We've been good communicating and Jason and Andre both accepted him staying after explaining the situation. They don't know about us sleeping together and that was something I had hoped to take to the grave.

"Mom!" I heard Jason yell as I was looking for a new job. I got up and went to his room.

"Yes, loud one?" He chuckled.

"Coach Riley wants me to meet a scouter."

"With me and your father of course right?"

"Just you, he doesn't know dad." I nodded.

"When?"

"Saturday."

"Ok, and your father will be there." I was about to walk away when he said something.

"What's up with you and him?"

"What do you mean?" I walked back into his room.

"I don't know you just seem different around him like a glow or something." I scoffed with a laugh.

"I'm still the same me. We just came to an understanding. A respectable understanding especially when it comes to you."

"You want to include him in more too." I sighed and leaned in the door. "What's up ma?"

"He wanted him to be more involved in your life and now he is. Plus he's been having some marital problems and you are the closest thing to family that won't judge him. You never met that side of the family because they would just judge us. He didn't want that. That's why I don't like you being so mean to him. He's paid for his mistakes, now it's time to forgive and move on. Ok sweetheart?" He nodded. I realized that Jason couldn't be apart of Dallas's family life as soon as he was born and I never faulted Dallas for it. Though I should've Pushed for it, I knew what I was capable of when it came to my child and no harm was going to come to him by any means.

"Yeah I get it. Thanks for telling me that and yes he can come." I laughed.

"Good now I'm going back to my room. You need anything else?" He stood and hugged me.

"Thank you for always telling me right. Even if I don't listen." We laughed and let go.

"You're welcome sweetie." I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his forehead with a sigh.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just job searching."

"Finally leaving that crazy place." I nodded.

"Yeah, I am." I looked at him and noticed he looked weird. "You ok?"

"I just wanted to know why it's so easy for you to accept Jeremy and his wife can't accept me?"

"We're two different people sweetheart. Always remember you're different from everybody." He smiled. "And you better tell me what you want to do for your birthday." I walked away after he smiled. I went downstairs and began cooking dinner. Dallas entered the kitchen.

"Hey what you cooking?" He asked.

"Chicken and shrimp Alfredo with garlic bread and salad." I answered as Andre rounded the corner from the other side.

"Hey Zari, Dallas." Andre still felt some type of way about Dallas, but was nice when I was around.

"Hey, Dre." He looked at me as I turned to him and squinted. "What." I said with a laugh.