The Worst

Coach Riley ^^

Jason
"So how's your mom doing?" My coach asked as we waited for the other guys so practice could start.

"She's good." I said playing with the ball.

"I need to talk her before you leave today." I shrugged.

"Ok, no problem." I sent her message and locked my phone back.

"Go round up your teammates." I laughed and went to get the guys.

"Y'all need to come on, practice makes perfect and we want that undefeated title again this year." The guys all agreed and began coming out the locker room.

We finished practice in two hours then the girls team came in. I went to the locker room and changed into my sweats. As I walked out I heard whistles as my mom came in. I sighed as I shook my head. That's why I never want her to get out the car. I saw her walk over to the coach. They talked for a second then he handed her something and she looked at it. He said something to her and she nodded.

"Why don't you just go over there?" My best friend Joshua said.

"Cause I don't want to seem nosy."

"But you are nigga. Besides you know yo mama not going pay the coach no mind."

"Josh hush." We laughed and walked over there.

"Hey mama Z." Josh said hugging her.

"Hey, Joshua. Well, Coach Riley, I will follow up on this and see how I feel, but you know school is always before basketball." Coach laughed and nodded.

"Of course Ms. Collins. Jason, Josh see you tomorrow." I nodded as he walked away.

"What was that about?" I asked as we walked out.

"Nothing. Josh, I'm taking you home ok." He nodded and we put our bags in the trunk. We got in the car and she took off. "What you guys want to eat?"

"Subway!" We both yelled and she laughed.

"Y'all and Subway." We laughed and talked about our day as she went to Subway. We got out and walked inside and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw my dad with some woman and guy.

"Jason, what's wrong?" I heard Josh ask. I couldn't speak.

"Jason sweetheart what's the matter?" My mom asked and followed my gaze as they walked towards us. "God not today." I heard her say. I saw my dad heading towards us, but I was stuck frozen if you will.

"Hey Zarah." My dad said a little awkwardly.

"Dallas." My mom said and I kept staring at the guy with eyes a little like mine. I looked at the lady who was staring at my mom in disgust.

"Who is she Dallas?" The woman said looking my mom up and down. I looked at my dad to see what he would say.

"This is a friend of mine." My mom laughed and so did I.

"Jason, Josh go get your food." She said handing me a twenty.

"You sure ma?" I asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." We were about to walk off when the woman spoke.

"Oh is this your whore Dallas?" Everything had stopped.

"Mom." The guy said with a shocked look on his face.

"Christy do not start this shit." My dad said irritated.

"Oh look at how mad you're getting. I knew one day I would meet your slut."

"Don't call my mother out of her name." I said and Josh stood closer to me knowing my anger was rising.

"Jason not here." My mom said and looked at Dallas.