Telling Him

Zarah

I am now six months pregnant and Andre is still the only one who knows. The only friend I really have is missing. I only have three more months left and I'm kind of excited. It took me a while to come to terms with it and accept, but I've come to love my baby.

"Hey, Andre I want to go to the mall today." I said coming down into the kitchen where he was cooking. After three months of morning sickness I was able to eat things without all the nausea.

"Ok, what time?"

"In like an hour." He nodded and gave me a plate of grits, pancakes, bacon, sausage, toast, and orange juice on the side. I got the peanut butter out the cabinet and began eating.

"Here she goes with that peanut butter shit." Uncle Tiny said making me laugh.

"It's good Uncle T. Especially with the pancakes." I said with a mouth full of food.

"Whatever, over there eating like you pregnant." Andre and I choked on our food. "The hell wrong with y'all?" I laughed lightly drinking some of my juice.

"You're crazy Uncle T." I said shaking my head.

"Mmhmm. Take Leland and Xavier with you to the mall." I nodded finishing my food.

"Ok." Andre got up and took my plate. I got up slowly and made sure my shirt didn't show my bulge.

I went upstairs and took a shower. As I got out I heard my phone ringing and I quickly went to it.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey sweetie how are you?" I heard my mom ask.

"Hey mama, I'm good. I miss you and daddy."

"We miss you too, but I have some bad news." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"We have to stay here another six months."

"Ok." I shrugged as though she could see me.

"We'll be back for a month to see you and then leave again." I sighed.

"That's great. Just call me before you guys come."

"We will talk to you later sweetie. We love you."

"Love you guys too." I hung up and sighed.

I went into my closet and pulled out a pair of white leggings, a big long t-shirt and a pair of Adidas. I put my hair up in a ponytail and threw on some lip gloss and eyeliner. I grabbed my phone, keys, and purse and headed downstairs where Andre and the guys were waiting.

"I'm ready." I said with a smile.

"Bout time shit." Leland said and I popped him.

"Shut up." I sighed and walked to the car. I got in the SUV Uncle T got for us.

"Zarah let me drive." Andre said when he saw my stomach almost on the wheel. I nodded and we switch places.

We got to the mall twenty minutes later and we balled out. Andre stayed with me while Leland and Xavier did whatever they did. I bought some baby stuff but not too much.

"You still don't want to know what the sex of the baby is?" He asked making me laugh.

"No, I don't Dre." I stopped when I felt the baby kick.

"You ok?" I put his hand on my stomach and he smiled.

"Feel that?" He nodded. "It's kicking my bladder." I laughed.

"Let's go find you a bathroom." He laughed. As we walked out we bumped into someone. I held my stomach as my bags fell.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you guys walking out." I knew that voice. I looked up at the hand that was giving me my bags and saw Dallas. "Zarah." He said shocked.

"Dallas." I said nonchalantly, but I was a little nervous being in front of him. I looked him over noticing a ring and I felt my heart thump.

"How you been?"

"I've been ok." I said trying to hide my belly and emotions.

"That's good I guess." I nodded.

"She's pregnant." Andre said making me glare at him. "What he has to know that he ruined your life." I looked down at the floor.

"Oh my god." I heard him mumble. "Why didn't you tell me?" I snapped my neck to look at him.

"And what would your fiancé have said then huh Dallas? I'm fine ok. I don't want or need your help. You helped enough by getting me pregnant."

"Zarah I want to be there for my child." I snorted. He could not be serious.

"Get away from me Dallas. I don't need your pity ok. My child and I will be fine. I won't even put you on child support. Now excuse me  I'm done shopping. Andre let's go." I walked away.

"Zarah slow down." Andre said.

"Andre why would you tell him that. I told you I didn't want him to know." I said on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry Zarah but I was upset."

"Andre I get you wee upset, but I did not want him to know."

"You were going to have to tell him eventually. It is also his baby." He said making me sigh knowing he was right.

"You're right, let's just get out here." We got to the car and he called Xavier and Leland and they came to the car.

"You ok Zari?" Leland asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." It was silent as we rode in the car and my phone was blowing up with messages from Dallas. I sighed and put my hand on my stomach. This was not going to be good.