What We Want

Zarah

"Thanks, Emory I had a really nice time." I said as we walked back into the work building.

"No problem. I noticed you've been down for the past few weeks." I sighed.

"Personal problems."

"Ok, no need to go into detail. Thanks for going to lunch with me." He smiled and I nodded.

"No problem. Now let me get back to work." I went to my desk and finished up one of my cases.

"So how was the date?" I heard over my shoulder.

"Andre get out of my area. And it wasn't a date."

"Oh yeah sure. I bet it wasn't. So no kissing or hugging." I looked back and he smirked.

"Andre no." I said making his smirk disappear. "Now bye." I laughed as he walked away.

I finished my case and gave it to the girl who handles all closed cases. I shut down all my stuff when Emory came and handed me a file.

"No, I have to go pick up my son." He sighed.

"Sorry Zarah, everybody is full of cases and you're the only one without one." I sighed.

"Really?" He nodded.

"You'll be done in no time." He said walking off.

I looked at the file and saw my fathers name. What the hell?

Jason

"How did you're father lying to you make you feel?" My therapist asked.

"Like I wasn't important. The bad thing is I took it out on my mom and not him." I sighed.

"Why was that?"

"Well, I expected her to tell me. After 16 years you would think she tells me the truth about it."

"Well it's time for our session to end but when I see you next week I want you to tell me why you blame your mom more than your dad?" He put his pad down and we both stood. We walked out and I saw my mom sleep.

"I told you she's been working too much." I said and he sighed. "Mom." I shook her. She jumped up and gasped.

"You ok Ms. Collins." She nodded.

"Yes, sorry I must've dozed off. You ready sweetie?" I nodded.

"Yes, see you next week." I said goodbye to my doctor and we left.

"You want to drive?" She asked shocking me.

"Sure." She handed me the keys.

We got in and she went to sleep. That boss of hers was really getting on my nerves. I pulled into the driveway and cut off the car.

"Mommy come on." I said shaking her. She looked up and sighed.

"Sorry I'm really tired go ahead in I'm coming." I got out the car and got my bookbag from the back.

I went inside the house. I called my friend and talked to him about our homework and my mom still hasn't come in and it's been thirty minutes. I heard the door open thinking it was her. I looked back and saw Uncle Andre carrying her inside.

"She wouldn't get out the car?" He asked.

"She said she was coming thirty minutes ago." I said helping him with her stuff.

He took her up to her room and I sat her purse and keys on the counter for her in the morning. I went back into the kitchen and put away my stuff.

"She so tired. I hope she took her medicine." Uncle Dre said walking in.