Chapter 41

- f o r t y  o n e -

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade," Aurora commented to the local fruit seller when he started babbling of his life issue.

"Health is wealth," she added before moving forward to another stall. It was a local fest there and Aurora came there to buy some essentials and get some best deal.

It was the second day after Aurora called him in the night. She didn't call him back but he did. But because of anxiety, she didn't pick it up.

She tried many ways not to think of it but then a constant thought of losing someone came back in her mind. She thought that might be she was doing something wrong but she couldn't forget that old trickery happened to her too.

She was lost in her thoughts again when suddenly Atlas turned and rushed to the opposite direction.

"Atlas?" she turned to look at him, "Where are you going?"

She rushed back toward him. Aurora cursed mentally to loosen his tag in the crowd. All she was praying was Atlas not biting anyone's chicken or duck.

And after a moment, she finally found him, sniffing the shoes of someone.

"There you are,"

She moved forward to catch him but as she got closed, she felt the known figure standing in front of her. And though that person was facing in the opposite direction, Aurora couldn't go wrong after hearing his voice.

"Is there any mechanic shop here?"

It was Alaric.

Atlas jumped on his back paws and put his front foot on Alaric's pant.

Alaric looked down and then smiled after he recognized him. "Atlas?" He pulled him in his arm and then noticed Aurora.

She was stunned to see him there but a part of her was happy too. It had been so many days that she didn't see him in real.

If there was a situation in which a person wanted to hug someone and punch them at the same time, then it was that moment for Aurora where she wanted to hug him and cry on his shoulder but at the same time, she wanted to push him off too.

"Hey," he greeted in his soothing voice.

However, she didn't answer back promptly but after taking a few moments of silence, she asked. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you,"

Aurora stared at him for a moment before she took Atlas from his arm and stepped on toward her car.

"Aurora?" he shouted, scooting toward her.

"If you want to say the same shit which your sister came to say, then please you can go back, " she grunted while walking. 

"Caroline was here?" he questioned in confusion.  Aurora looked at him in shock. He didn't know his sister was there.

So was Caroline speaking the truth?

"Are you guys even a sibling?" She rasped. "I mean do you have any idea what's go on in other's life,"

"If we knew then we weren't in the situation we are in currently," he retorted.

Aurora rolled her eyes and went to her car. She put the grocery on the passenger seat and put Atlas in back.

Alaric was trying to talk to her but she didn't listen.

"Aurora, wait!" he tried to stop her as she opened the car door to sit inside.

She was furious but waited for him to utter his words.