Chapter 25

- t w e n t y   f i v e -

Next morning when Aurora arrived in the office, Linda told her that Alaric was asking about her.

She gave a puzzled look on her information. She wasn't sure why he called her through Linda.

But then she simply nodded and headed toward his cabin. "May I come in?" She asked, peeking from behind the door.

"Yes." He replied putting a file, he was studying on the table.

"Good morning. Linda told me that you asked about me?" She inquired stepping in, closing the door at the back.

"Yes, actually, I was thinking about your work, umm.." he raised from his chair and scratched his forehead a bit as if trying to find words.

'My work?' Aurora thought for a second. She was fine at that moment until her brain started offering some bad cuisine on the plate. Little by little, her heart rate started dropping on each second of his silence. She started to visualise the past few days in order to find if she had done something wrong?

Few days before he was happy with her work, even yesterday he put her name in the team too. So what if that was for the assistant position but at least, she was improving.

But then suddenly, she remembered the incident from last night where she somehow dragged him into a street brawl, got his nose punched, getting him into a legal matter then teaching him about how to enjoy it.

Was this all about that?

She started funding more excuse to prove her thoughts. First, he didn't go to walk in the morning. Second, he didn't reply to her morning greet. Third, he was way too serious in the morning.

She started assuming that might be he was thinking to throw her out of that project which somehow was depressing for her.

She never thought that she would be the part of their dream project and not even wished for but when she got teamed up in that project, she was more than happy and was on the seventh cloud. It was a great piece of happiness for her, in those last month.

But now, it all was drifting down from her fist like the sand.

"Aurora, I'm talking to you." He snapped his fingers in front of her eyes, standing right beside her.

"I thought a bit and this is what I came to conclude." He placed a paper in front of her at the table.

Her forehead furrowed as he saw her tensed. But then, in another second, he relaxed. He didn't know what she was tensed about, but he thought to took some advantage of it. He thought to make her blood cold.

"Read it," he ordered, giving her a serious look.

Aurora took the paper in her hands and before she could read any legal line from it, Alaric tried to spook her, "I had thought a lot about it, even discussed with my father and Linda. And I came to the conclusion that you can't work here as an assistant. You have to leave Assistant job—" but then as he gazed upon her, he frightened.

Aurora was standing still, looking down at the paper. Tears were running down on her cheeks which she was cleaning back from bare hands. Her breathe were heavy as she was sobbing silently.

She read the initial lines to know that she could not work in a firm as the second assistant anymore. Her eyes got to sting and misty from tears and she couldn't read more.

She kept standing right there, without any motion, without any word, just breathing with a great effort.

"What's wrong?" He startled, inquiring after seeing tears in her eyes.