Chapter 9

- n i n e -

Oh God! Caroline is here,” Linda explained in shock, looking straight at her while Aurora and Steffy shared their tensed glare, as they knew what others were thinking. Steffy's eyes arched down in the mid, and she cried, “I'm fired.”

Aurora looked at her with the tensed mind. She didn't want her to get fired as she knew there was no fault of hers. But it was also true that if Caroline got to know that she was the person who told this to them then she was in danger.

Looking at Caroline approaching them, Linda waved her hand slowly and greeted her.“Hey Caroline. When did you arrive?”

“Just a few minutes ago.” her eyes trailed back to the lunch. “Wow, hamburger. It's been months I didn't taste it." She thought there for a second either to eat it or not. And then she threw out her diet plan. "Fuck that diet.” She grabbed that and sat with cowerd legs on the chair, besides Linda.

Caroline was totally busy with herself and hamburger when she felt that everyone was just looking at her.

She bites the inner cheek and put one leg down on the floor. “What happens? Why your faces are looking like you had seen a ghost,” she asked, looking at them.

But nobody replied to her, even they shared look with each other. Linda was going to give an answer to Caroline when Steffy stopped her and asked not to say anything. But Linda affirmed her that nothing will go wrong.

Linda twisted herself on the chair and muttered, “They know.”

“What?” Caroline asked, arching her left eyebrow. She was a bit confused but surely carefree to knew the reason behind it.

Linda reached her ears and told her about the things. Though Aurora and Steffy didn't listen to a single word of Linda, they were sure that she told her everything.

Caroline's eyes widen in shock and she asked, “How they get that?", looking at Linda with a parted mouth.

It was looking like she had forgotten to breathe for a second. All she could gulp was the thing that they know about his brother. But how?

“Office has rumours” Linda answered with a calm tone.

She put back that hamburger on a plate and covered her mouth.“What the—” the rest words vanished in the air like some camphor. Her elbow came to her knees and her face was resting on the hands. Looking at them, Aurora got totally confirmed that he was gay. And she was never shocked as she was at that time. She never felt that about him, not even a minor doubt that he could be gay.

But life is a name of unexpected incidents and she was facing one of the biggest. Damn! She couldn’t ignore that she felt the small attraction for him at the first moment.

And for the first time, she felt that thanks to God, he didn't listen to her that time. God surely has a mysterious way to work and she was accepting it.

Linda put her hand on Caroline’s shoulder to give her sympathy.“I told you. People catch these things rapidly.”

Caroline hid her face behind her hands and rubbed it slightly. After a few seconds, she finally leaned back to the chair and took the sigh. “I'm tensed what if it reached to Dad. He didn't know about him.”

Linda and Caroline were just discussing the thing when Steffy blurted out in emotion.“I'm sorry Miss Caroline. I didn't mean to. I don't think there are any serious rumours. I just listened once while I was in the lift. And those girls are stupid. I promise I won't tell this to anyone. Not even to my mother.” and she started crying.