Chapter 6

- s i x -

"Was she crying?" Alaric mumbled to himself.

When Aurora left the room, trying to hide her tears, Alaric saw them and all of sudden he felt guilt for his behaviour. He asked himself that did he done too much that it made someone cry. Was she in real need? Did he just betray his own rules of professionalism?

He thought for a minute, looking down at his feet and feeling guilt over his rudeness. But then his yesterday encounter with her, in Beagles, came inside his mind and everything came back in his memory. The way she over-reacted and the time she threw shake on him. He fisted his hands under the table and took the gulp of his previous insult.

That day when Aurora left the Beagles after throwing shake at him, people laughed at him too. Even one of them clicked the photo. It was far humiliating for him that he didn't want to visit his favourite childhood sweet shop, at least not for a couple of months.

Alaric tried not to regret his current decision. He tried to think that it was the right thing to not give her job. He put back his concentration on his work when his father interrupted, "That wasn't the right thing, Alaric. You should have taken the proper interview of her."

"Dad, I selected the good one. So there was no mean to waste the time by interviewing her." He started working on his laptop, ignoring the eyes of his father.

"What if she was the better?" his father asked, taking the chair on the other corner of the desk.

Alaric snickered on that, better and her, not possible. "Dad, I'm sure she wasn't best."

"How can you say that?"

He looked out from his laptop to speak. "Because-" but no words come out from his mouth.

He didn't want to disclose the reason why he didn't give her a chance. Might be he was regretting his decision, might be he was feeling that he over-reacted. "Leave it. Don't worry the selected one is good." he shook his head slightly and came back to his work.

But the father knows everything. Malcon got suspicious on his son's behaviour. He got the thing that Alaric had some issues with that girl. He leaned forward on the chair and asked in a serious tone. "What's the matter, Alaric?"

Alaric sighed over it. He knew that there was no mean to hide anything from his father. Of course, he shared almost everything with his father, so it was quite obvious that his father could get his silence too.

Closing his laptop, Alaric looked at his father and replied, "Dad, the girl whom you are talking about is a psychopath."

"So it was a personal issue. Okay, then tell me the whole thing."

"Dad you don't know her. She isn't good for the company and our people."

"And how you know?"

His eyebrows got clenched in mid. Feeling that why his father was defending any random girl, he vexed. "She is a psychopath. She threw shake on me yesterday." and then he paused, realising that he blurted the thing which he was trying to hide.

Though it wasn't difficult for him to talk about things to his father, this was definitely among the taboo-things-to-discuss. It was difficult for him to tell that the same random girl insulted him in the public.