Chapter 20

- t w e n t y -

"Caroline Marie" Spencer startled, "The Caroline Marie Henderson."

Aurora smiled bright and nodded.

Last day, when she got a text from Caroline her reaction was the same as Spencer. Caroline invited Aurora to the party at her lake house. Though they were hanging out together almost daily after office, Aurora wasn't expecting an invitation.

Not only that, but Caroline also said that she could bring her best friend if she wanted, which was totally an unforeseen thing.

The friendliness which Caroline was showing wasn't the thing Aurora was expecting, especially that readily but what to say about Caroline. She was just like that. Picky when it came to any person or thing but when she did, she accept them with a whole heart.

On the side, where Aurora was excited to go to the party, Spencer was totally nonplused and was on cloud nine. "I can't believe it." she jumped in the joy, "Oh my God, Caroline Marie invited me. Damn, I'm feeling like a part of a fictional novel."

Aurora chuckled at her reaction. "Yeah, you can thank me too," she commented, waving back her hair lock in the air.

"I love you man! I love you a lot." Spencer jumped in frenzy, almost knocking her down but somehow Aurora maintained the balance.

The excitement continued till Spencer got hit by worry and she exclaimed, "Oh Shoot! What I'm gonna wear?"

Aurora hiked her left brow. "Clothes," she commented before disposing herself on the couch and opening the chips packet.

Spencer chagrined on her statement and snatched the chips from her hand. "Ha! Like I'm gonna walk nude."

"Nobody minds though" Aurora tittered. Taking a bite of chips and gazing back at her. "Except River," she added, creasing up.

Spencer threw the cushion at her which she caught and threw it back. They had a pillow fight for a while but then they continued their hot-topic of Hollywood and Caroline.

Hollywood was the topic on which no one could win debate form Aurora. She knew almost everything about movies and stars. Not even that, she was a Netflix geek and follow musical bands like a religion.

People around her always muse that how could she and Spencer talk non-stop over a movie, book, show or the new song sung by their favourite band or singer. It was another reason that Aurora was surrounded by fewer people who took her seriously because most of the people start thinking her as some sort of amateur when they see her mourning over a guy who died in the tenth chapter of a book.

Aurora cried while reading Fault in our Stars and hooted with laughter while watching 101 Dalmatians. Well, that's another story that her dog, Atlas, loved 101 Dalmatians too and had a sour corner for Lady Cruella.

Later, the chat which started from Caroline reached the daily news and then it ended up at Spencer's bakery.

Before leaving their house, Aurora just added her last spice of the day by saying, "And I've added one fan in your list. So make sure to impress him if he passes through your shop for chocolate heaven." she winked at her before sauntering out.

"Are you going to leave your house or I've to drag you till the car?" Spencer whined on phone.

"I'm just there, man!" Aurora replied, trying to wear her stilettos by standing on one leg. "Have some patience, suka."

"Suka?" Spencer's nose squinted in question. "Since when you started speaking Russian?"