Chapter 30

- t h i r t y -

One long drive turned out to be many long drives. Hesitant was gone and comfort had taken place in that. Morning Pancakes from Beagles and Crunch-licious chocolate balls from Spencer’s bakery had become their favourite sweet which they only eat in each other’s company. 

Movie night with the junk-food aside and a glass of wine was their usual Friday-night plan. It was a fun surprise for Alaric to see Aurora bringing dog wine for Atlas. He couldn’t believe she was serious until she put that wine in Atlas drink bowl and he started drinking it.

After that, she put normal red wine in her and his glass and sat on the sofa to watch the movie. She acted as it was nothing new but Alaric remain standing there, watching both of them before he burst in chortle.

Aurora and Atlas both stared at him in the blank as they surely didn’t know what was absurd in that air. He governed his laugh with great efforts and sat besides Aurora and took his glass. Aurora narrowed her eyes at him as he tried to act innocent but, on that Alaric, simply replied that they were looking incredibly cute and it was his first time to see any dog having wine, so he couldn’t control himself to laugh in surprise. 

Well, his first excuse was totally fake and was only meant to butter her up but the second one was genuine. He never saw a dog celebrating wine and also not the owner who treats her dog as human. She literally used to dress Atlas like her own child. He had almost tons of hoodies, night suits, countless shirts, suit, caps, bags, his personal toothbrush, a pair of towels, neck tags, scarfs, a soft toy which was a pig and of course, dog wine.

One other thing which he got to know them was to get Aurora, he had to win the heart of her best friends, family and her dog, Atlas. Well, her friends liked him already, her family was the one who used to live far away from the city, in a town near New Jersey which was already far from his place.

Plus, Aurora didn’t visit them much on weekends or holidays. Though she went there once and came back with an upset stomach because of too much of food her mother had fed her in those days of Christmas holidays.

Partying at Spencer’s house had become their weekend routine and gaming was another interest after spending time with Aurora.

At starting he only used to play video-games with River but when he got to know that Aurora shared the same hobby, they both started playing at their house. 

Sometimes, the party used to include Eden and Meghan while sometimes it was just Spencer, River and them. Sometimes they used to go to the clubs while sometimes it was just a friendly breakfast on Sunday’s morning. 

Even they all spent the New Year together. In which Alaric was hell confused and busy. He had to give the time to his family and also his new friends. So, he did one thing, he spent the lunch with his family and after that, he rushed to Aurora and her friends.

In between his tight schedule, he completely forgot his cousin and only remembered when he called him, cursing the hell out of him.

So, the result of not parting with his cousin was that he spent the next few days with him where they went for three days cruise with all of his friends. In that trip, Alaric told him about Aurora. 

At first, he was hell eager to meet her. He thought she must be a diva walking with the elegant sass. But when they came back from that cruise and he saw her for the first time, his mind questioned only one thing; “Seriously?”

At that minute, Aurora was coming back from the park after Atlas made her ran about half mile catch the ice-cream truck. She was sweating from top to bottom and might be smelling to high heaven.